N.C. Governor Declares Fiscal Emergency
- HOMEWORK. Maley, Frank // Business North Carolina;Feb2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
Interviews Governor Mike Easley of North Carolina. Accessibility of the state to business people; Explanations on the campaign-finance reform of the state; Complaints of business people on the requests from candidates to finance campaigns.
- TAKING CHANCES. Maley, Frank // Business North Carolina;Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article presents an interview with North Carolina Governor Mike Easley about economic development issues. Easley raises his views on measuring economic success. He talks about the challenges that came with taking control of the state budget. He also cites the effect of the state lottery on...
- More than just a bubble burst. Mooneyham, Scott // Business North Carolina;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p22
The author states that former North Carolina Governor Mike Easley lost his political legacy with the downturn of the real estate industry and his involvement in scandals. One newspaper report indicated the link of Easley's acquisition of a lot in the Cannonsgate waterfront development with his...
- Report Says N.C. Colleges Key to Expanding Biotech Work Force. // Community College Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p3
Presents information on the result of a report on the demand for North Carolina to increase the funding for community colleges and industrial recruitment. Reason for the demand to have an increase fund for community colleges; Recommendations given by former governors Jim Hunt and Jim Martin...
- N.C. Governor Eyes More College Grants for Low-Income Students. // Community College Week;3/26/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p8
The article highlights the proposals to enrich college grants for low-income students in the annual State of the State address by North Carolina Governor Mike Easley. He advocated the use of technology to develop his early-college program which will allow all high school students to earn a...
- Dean of Education Governors Departs. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;01/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p1
Reports the departure of North Carolina Governor Jim Hunt as the state's chief executive after four consecutive terms. Reputation as one of United States' most influential education governors; Commendations and criticisms received for focusing on education; Accomplishment of the early childhood...
- THE LURKER AT THE THRESHOLD. Kinney, David // Business North Carolina;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
Comments on the leadership of Republican Governor Jim Hunt of North Carolina. How he influenced policy making in the state government; Criticism on his attitude.
- N.c. Requests Campaign Flight Records From Politicians. // AirGuide Business;2/15/2010, p1
The article reports on the request made by the North Carolina Board of Elections to gubernatorial candidates to disclose information regarding their private campaign flights.
- 20 races to watch in 2000. Faucheux, Ron // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Offers a look at 20 of the most interesting political campaigns for the 2000 elections in the United States (US). US Senate in New York; Governor for North Carolina; US House of Representatives in California.