Moody's to Look Into Credit Impact Of Ascension-Led Health Care Merger
- A heavenly deal. Reilly, Patrick // Modern Healthcare;12/9/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 49, p4
Reports the acquisition of Carondelet Health System by Ascension Health in the U.S. Reason for acquiring Carondelet; Benefits of the acquisition to Ascension; Other merger deals of Ascension.
- A matter of financial faith. Galloro, Vince; Piotrowski, Julie // Modern Healthcare;6/24/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p6
Reports on a deal signed by Ascension Health with Carondelet Health System that would merge a number of hospitals that Carondelet owns into Ascension. List of hospitals included in the deal; Terms of the deal; Value of the transaction; Operating loss posted by Carondelet in the fiscal year that...
- Crittenton expected to ascend under Ascension. GREENE, JAY // Crain's Detroit Business;1/12/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p0001
The article looks at how Rochester Hills, Michigan-based Crittenton Hospital and Medical Center will benefit from its pending acquisition by profitable Catholic health system Ascension Health. It cites the efforts to turn around Crittenton's operations, the expected improvement of its finances...
- Carondelet, PacifiCare part ways; 7,000 affected. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;03/29/99, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p1
Reports that the talks between Carondelet Health Network and PacifiCare of Arizona Inc. has been halted. Inability to come to an agreement on PacifiCare's Old Pueblo, Arizona, network; Plan to continue PacifiCare's capitated contract with Carondelet; Rumors about financial troubles at Carondelet.
- Carondelet talks with Mercy put on hold. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;07/08/96, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p10
Reports that Carondelet Health Care Corp. has halted its pursuit of a Catholic integrated delivery network in Arizona with Mercy Healthcare of Phoenix. Intention of resuming negotiations; Speculations on impact of Mercy's partnerships with Samaritan Health System.
- Detroit-Area Hospital Merges with Ascension. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/1/2015, p22
The article announces the merger of Crittenton Hospital Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan and non-profit health care system Ascension Health based in St. Louis, Missouri on August 31, 2015.
- No CONdoning a sterile environment. Beckley, Elizabeth Thompson // Modern Physician;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p9
Reports that several physicians in rural DeKalb County, Tennessee will pursue their case in federal court if Ascension Health Inc., the parent of Saint Thomas Hospital Health Services, does not sell Baptist DeKalb Hospital. Factor that drove the physicians to seek the certificate of need (CON)...
- Ascension Health Pays $2.7M To Resolve Merger-Bond Audit. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p1
Reports that the largest nonprofit healthcare system in the U.S., Ascension Health, has agreed to pay the federal government a multi-million dollar amount, thereby resolving merger bonds under the U.S. Internal Revenue Service audit. Date of disclosure of the settlement; Implications of the...
- Ascending in healthcare. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;5/14/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the efforts of Ascension Health, a nonprofit healthcare provider, to improve its financial performance. The sale of Ascension's Saint John Detroit Riverview Hospital to Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute is discussed. The proposal comes as Ascension negotiates deals...