- Federal deficits now equal tax increases in the future. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p30
Focuses on the factors influencing the increase of the tax deficits of the American government. Rise on the number of government bonds; Level of public spending; Expansion of various medical programs.
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- R.I. Governor Pushes Small Tax Hikes, Program Cuts in $2.9B Plan. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p3
Reports that Rhode Island Governor Donald Carcieri has launched a fiscal budget that seeks to close a deficit through a small tax increases and program cuts while avoiding an increase in either income or property taxes. Amount of tobacco bonds issued in 2002; Proposal to increase cigarette...
- Lincoln, Neb., Weighing Joint Taxing Authority With Lancaster County. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p29
Focuses on the plan on the creation of a joint taxing authority with Lancaster County, Pennsylvania by Nebraska. Finance for rising infrastructure costs of the city related to growth; Worth of the failing bond measure; Deficit in the capital financing budget.
- N.Y., Deadlocked on Tobacco Bonds, Mulls Interim Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p3
Reports on possible plans of using multi billion dollar in tobacco bonds to help in budget deficit for fiscal 2003 of New York. Proposal for providing security to multimillion dollar in annual payments under the national tobacco settlement; Reason for increase in budget deficit for the state;...
- Flint, Mich., Fiscal Review Team Says Debt Sale Is Doubtful. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31377, p50
Reports on the budget deficit of the state government in Michigan. Plan of issuing fiscal stabilization bonds; Disagreement of the city council members on the budget cut; Source of revenue.
- Miami Hopes to Redeem Its Image With $130 Million Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p37
Reports the strategic plans of Miami to cover up the million budget deficit in Florida. Plans to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of bond program oversight board; Adoption of rules for bond issuance.
- Analysts: Budget May Weaken California Financial Situation. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31467, p40
Reports the incoming budget deficit in California. Approval of the budget for the 2003; Increase on the demand of bond; Plan of the government officials on the issue.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p35
Presents developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Possible shortfall in the current fiscal year due to New York City's budget crisis; Plan of Puerto Rico Municipal Finance Agency to sell multi-million in general obligation bonds on October 29 to convert short-term loans...