THE TRADING FLOOR
- Triple-A Scottsdale, Ariz., Goes to Market with GO, Refunding Offerings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p31
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds of general obligation (GO) debt in Scottsdale, Arizona. Amount of the outstanding GO debt; Supervision of the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray on the selling of the GO bond; Bond sales in the city.
- It Takes a Village. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the planned bond issues of Lombard village in Illinois. Construction of hotel and convenient center; Payment of the bonds using revenues from hotel and restaurant taxes; Designation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.
- Piper Jaffray Beefs Up Staff. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;9/22/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 182, p17
U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. has added four members to its mortgage bond sales and trading staff, which is based in New York. That brought the head count to eight, said Mike Effron, the head of fixed-income trading at U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray. Three new salesmen and the new trader had all...
- Buyer's Market for Corporate Bonds. Coyle, Tom; Dixon, Mary // America's Community Banker;Oct99, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p14
Provides information on a report by US Bancorp Piper Jaffray Portfolio Strategy Group regarding the effect of the year 2000 computer (Y2K) problem on the supply of company bonds. Efforts of corporations to avoid potential Y2K-related financing problems.
- Radian's Lambuth Payment. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/22/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33637, p7
The article reports on the increase of payment to bonds owed by Lambuth University, a nonprofit Methodist university in Jackson, Tennessee, to Radian Asset Assurance Inc.
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Starting Hotel Financing Group. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p32
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s establishment of a hotel financing group. Employees that will be hired by the company; Increase of tax-exempt financing for hotels.
- Piper Leaves Bancorp Nest. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the independent operation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Restructuring of U.S. Bancorp; Importance of the announcement regarding the autonomous operation of the investment banking business; Effectivity of restructuring. INSET: Stone & Youngberg Names Four New VPs.
- Lightspan Seeks Education in M&A. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the hiring of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray by educational software developer Lightspan Inc. to explore strategic alternatives.