Former Philadelphia Gas Works CFO Gets Six-to-25-Month Prison Sentence
- Philadelphia Keeping Troubled Gas Works, for Now. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p3
Reports on decision of Philadelphia Mayor John Street to not privatize the gas utility Philadelphia Gas Works. Problems faced by the gas utility company; Bonds to be issued by the company in December 2002; Outstanding debts of the gas utility.
- Philly gas seeks trade partners. // PHC Profit Report;Jan97, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p11
Reports that Philadelphia Gas Works held a vendor open house on December 11, 1996.
- Philadelphia utility skims service pacts. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p1
Announces the availability of cheap service contracts for gas furnaces and heaters, from the Philadelphia Gas Works under their Residential Parts & Labor Plan. Coverage of the plan; Period of promotion run; Guarantees offered to customers of the Residential Parts & Labor Plan; Number of...
- Warm Winters, Debt Burden Push Philadelphia Gas Works to Brink. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p1
Reports on the burden of outstanding debt of the gas company Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, faced by its officials. Reason for the rising debt; Cause of borrowing funds from Public Utilities Commission by PGW in 2001; Comments of several U.S. rating agencies on the...
- Pennsylvania PUC Bails Out Philadelphia Gas Works With $36M Rate Hike. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p34
Reports on the price-rate increase rate in Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) granted by the Public Utility Commission (PUC). Worth of the extraordinary rate increase; Forecasts of PGW's liquidity position; Suggestions from the utility's financial advisor on the PUC action.
- Philly utility offers $500 to switch to gas. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p5
Reports on Philadelphia Gas Works' offer of $500 worth of free gas to homeowners if they convert to gas heat from oil or electricity. Use of gas for cooking and water heating; Installation of new equipment; Outcry from the oil heat industry; Question on why the utility company would offer an...
- State takeover bid won't derail Philadelphia gas works deal. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p3
Reports on the proposal of Pennsylvania to take over the Philadelphia Gas Works. Bond sale planned by the utility; Deregulation of the gas utility industry.
- A Return to Stability. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p1
Reports on the business performance of the U.S.-based municipally-owned utility Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW). Losses incurred by the company; Ratings of PGW revenue bonds; Impact of computer billing system on the business performance of PGW.
- PGW's New Procedures Announced. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p1
Reports on the Philadelphia Gas Works' (PGW) plan to implement most of the recommendations made in a Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission audit that was aimed at saving the beleaguered utility. Results of the audit completed by Barrington-Wellesly Group in January 2001; Recommendations that...