Immunologic Defects in Young Male Patients with Hepatitis--Associated Aplastic Anemia
- Polycythaemia in androgen-dependent aplastic anaemia. Low-Beer, Thomas S.; Scott, Geoffrey L. // British Medical Journal;1/24/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6003, p197
Examines the occurrence of polycythemia in patient with androgen-dependent aplastic anemia. Symptoms of the disease; Sensitivity of the patient to oxymetholone; Stimulation of aplastic marrow.
- An unusual clonal cytogenetic abnormality with t(15;17) (p11;q21) in a patient with severe aplastic anemia. Sharma, Sanjeev K.; Agrawal, Narendra; Jain, Sonal; Chowdhry, Mohit; Singh, Pawan K.; Seth, Tulika; Mishra, Pravas; Mahapatra, Manoranjan; Tyagi, Seema; Pati, Haraprasad // Indian Journal of Human Genetics;May-Aug2012, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p268
A letter to the editor is presented about an old man with severe aplastic anemia involving a novel cytogenetic abnormality.
- Post-transplantation cyclophosphamide for GVHD prophylaxis in severe aplastic anemia. DeZern, A E; Luznik, L; Fuchs, E J; Jones, R J; Brodsky, R A // Bone Marrow Transplantation;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p1012
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the effects of post transplantation of cyclophosphamide (CY) on patients with severe aplastic anemia (SAA.)
- High-dose peripheral blood stem cell transplant for multitransfused severe aplastic anaemia patients without antithymocyte globulin in the conditioning regimen. Herrera-Garza, J L; Jaime-Pérez, J C; Montemayor, J L; Ibarra-Peart, R E; Gómez-Almaguer, D // Bone Marrow Transplantation;10/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p845
Four multitransfused patients with severe aplastic anaemia (SAA) are described. Two received a BMT after conditioning with cyclophosphamide (Cy) plus antithymocyte globulin (ATG). Both suffered a graft failure (GF) and had a second transplant with PBSC from the original donor. Two other patients...
- Comparison of hypoplastic myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) with normo-/hypercellular MDS by International Prognostic Scoring System, cytogenetic and genetic studies. Huang, T.-C.; Ko, B.-S.; Tang, J.-L.; Hsu, C.; Chen, C.-Y.; Tsay, W.; Huang, S.-Y.; Yao, M.; Chen, Y.-C.; Shen, M.-C.; Wang, C.-H.; Tien, H.-F. // Leukemia (08876924);Mar2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p544
The differences in clinical features and prognosis between hypoplastic myelodysplastic syndrome (h-MDS) and normo-/hypercellular MDS (NH-MDS) remain unsettled. In this study, the characteristics of 37 h-MDS patients and 152 NH-MDS patients were compared. Peripheral-blood white blood cell counts...
- Psoas Abscess Caused by Non-Typhoid Salmonella in a Patient with Severe Aplastic Anemia. Chin-Chi Kuo; Shih-Chi Ku; Jann-Tay Wang; Ching-Wei Tsai; Vin-Cent Wu; Wen-Chien Chou // Yonsei Medical Journal;5/1/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p472
The clinical spectrum of infections caused by non-typhoid Salmonella spp. includes gastroenteritis, enteric fever, bacteremia, and extraintestinal localized complications, especially in immunocompromised hosts. Here we report a patient with severe aplastic anemia developing left iliopsoas...
- Gamma--Interferon Gene Expression in the Bone Marrow of Patients with Aplastic Anemia. Nistico, Antonio; Young, Neal S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/15/94, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p463
Provides information on a study that determined gamma-interferon gene expression in the bone marrow of patients with aplastic anemia and controls. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study.
- Marrow Transplantation in Thirsty �Untransfused� Patients with Severe Aplastic Anemia. Storb, Rainer; Thomas, E. Donnall; Buckner, C. Dean; Clift, Reginald A.; Deeg, H. Joachim; Fefer, Alexander; Goodell, Brian W.; Sale, George E.; Sanders, Jean E.; Singer, Jack; Stewart, Patricia; Weiden, Paul L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan80, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p30
Describes the results in several patients who did not have transfusions of blood products until before the start of the transplant conditioning regimen. Major cause of mortality associated with marrow transplantation; Number of patients who showed loss of marrow graft after good initial...
- A Case of Subcutaneous Abscess Caused by Nocardia farcinica in an Aplastic Anemia Patient. Yokota, Sho; Kawabe, Keitaro; Yamada, Hideki; Nunomura, Maki // Japanese Journal of Medical Mycology;Jun2010, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p93
We report a case of subcutaneous abscess caused by Nocardia farcinica in a 44-year-old man, who had been treated with systematic prednisolone and cyclosporine for aplastic anemia. He had been affected by aplastic anemia for 8 years, and was previously treated with antithymocyte globulin. The...