Investigation the Effects of Cadmium Chloride and Copper Sulfate on Germination and Seedling Growth of Agropyron elongatum
- PHYSIOLOGICAL CHANGES IN SEEDLING GERMINATION AND GROWTH PLANT UNDER CHEMICAL STRESS CONDITIONS. Stingu, Alina; Volf, Irina; Popa, Valentin I. // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1309
When plants are exposed to heavy metals influence, the processes of growth inhibition, ion leakage of all membrane, distribution of pigment and even more death of plants are produced. The physiological and biochemical changes in germinating seedling and cultivation in plastic pots experiments of...
- Morpho-functional characteristics of bivalve mollusks under the experimental environmental pollution by heavy metals. Kolyuchkina, G.; Ismailov, A. // Oceanology (00014370);Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p804
The effects of a week-long exposure to copper sulfate (0.05-5000 mg/l) and cadmium chloride (2 and 10 mg/l) upon the morpho-functional characteristics of the Black Sea bivalve mollusks Anadara cf. inaequivalvis and Chamelea gallina were studied. The changes in the morpho-functional state of...
- Influence of Some Bacteria Strains and Algae as Biofertilizers on Growth of Bitter Orange Seedlings. Ismail, Omayma M.; Dakhly, O. F.; Ismail, M. N. // Journal of Applied Sciences Research;Nov2011, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1285
The effect of some bacteria strains and algae extraction as soil biofertilizers on growth of bitter orange (Citrus aurantium, L.) seedlings was studied during 2009 and 2010. The soil application treatments included the control (without bacteria inoculation or algae), inoculation with mutant...
- A new class of topological insulators from I-III-IV half-Heusler compounds with strong band inversion strength. X. M. Zhang; G. Z. Xu; Y. Du; E. K. Liu; Z. Y. Liu; W. H. Wang; G. H. Wu // Journal of Applied Physics;2014, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p1
In this paper, by first principle calculations, we investigate systematically the band topology of a new half-Heusler family with composition of I(A)-III(A)-IV(A). The results clearly show that many of the I-III-IV half-Heusler compounds are in fact promising to be topological insulator...
- Effect of pH and time on the acute toxicity of copper sulfate to the ciliate protozoan Tetrahymena thermophila. Schlenk, D.; Moore, C. // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Dec1994, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p800
The article presents a study which investigates the impact of time and pH on acute toxicity of copper sulfate to the ciliate protozoan Tetrahymena thermophila. The study cultures tetrahymena thermophila in a medium comprosed of 10 grams proteose peptone, and were incubated at 30Â° Celsius (C)...
- New Strains of Streptomyces as Producers of Biofungicides and Biological Stimulators for Protection of the Shoots and Seedlings of Tiang-Shang Spruce Fir (Picea Schrenkiana). Doolotkeldieva, T. D.; Totubaeva, N. E. // Microbiology Insights;2009, Issue 2, p1
During this work we detected 5 species of pathogenic fungi that damage seedlings and saplings of the Tiangâ€”Shang spruce fir, which cause a perceptible damage to the coniferous nurseries of Northern Kyrgyzstan and require activities to protect the woods. The biological activity of...
- A State with Bulk Stresses Arising in an Ideally Plastic Layer under Compression by Rough Plates. Mikhailova, M. V. // Doklady Physics;Dec2000, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p676
Analyzes the stressed state of a bulk layer made of an ideally plastic material compressed by curved and inclined rough plates under conditions of perfect plasticity. Equilibrium equations; Deviation from linearity for compression stress; Shear yield point.
- Shear stress and the endothelium. Ballermann, Barbara J.; Dardik, Alan; Eng, Eudora; Liu, Ailian // Kidney International Supplement;Sep1998, Issue 67, pS-100
Examines the effect of shear stress on endothelium. Deformation of cells in the direction of blood flow; Elicitation of rapid cytoskeletal remodeling; Activation of signaling cascades in endothelial cells.
- The urge to splurge. Gayagoy, Gabrielle; Dubin, Julie Weingarden // Shape;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p50
Presents suggestions for enjoying the holiday season without overindulging or stressing out.