Is multi CD-R too late for the party?
- A new CD-R media market. // EMedia Professional;Sep97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the demand on compact disc-recordable (CD-R) technology. Sales of CD-R media; Ways to become a player in media market; Reasons for CD-R demand; CD-R media reliability; Purposes of disc coatings; Application of CD-R; Price of CD-R media. INSETS: Mastering CD-R media making.;The...
- TEAC bundles Toast with CD recorders. Sillitoe, Sue // Pro Sound News;Jan97, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p15
Reports that TEAC Europe's line of compact disc recorders are to be sold exclusively with Astarte's Toast CD-ROM Pro Version 3 mastering software for the Macintosh. What Toast offers.
- CDs get physical in fight for their share. Sullivan, Paul // Music Week;1/20/2007, Issue 3, special section p11
The article focuses on techniques that record labels are using to increase the sales of music CDs. CD packaging is quickly becoming record labels' opportunity to compete with digital music sales, offering innovative designs and finishes that are not available with digital downloads. Comments...
- "Heed singles mistakes," says Era. Cardew, Ben // Music Week;6/7/2008, Issue 23, p1
The article reports that Entertainment Retailers Association (Era) chairman Paul Quirk has warned the British music industry not to give up on selling CD albums like they have given up on selling CD singles. Details relating to the decline of the CD Album and CD Single markets in Great Britain...
- Sony Takes Digital System to Stores. Fitzpatrick, Eileen // Billboard;06/19/99, Vol. 111 Issue 25, p1
Announces the distribution of a retail kiosk system by Sony Music that will make and dispense on-the-spot compact discs. The licensing of more than 4,000 titles for the systems; Marketing of the product under the Red Dot Network banner; Development of the product by Digital On-Demand; Future...
- Naxos debuts SACD releases. Stewart, Andrew // Music Week;2/7/2004, Issue 5, p16
Reports the increased interest in DVD-A and SACD recordings following the launch of new universal players. Hints of a three-format release strategy for key titles developed by Naxos; Profile of the DVD-A software market and the SACD market held by Naxos; Figures and prices of the CD sales of...
- CD-ROM networking. // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p39
Provides announcements pertaining to compact discs. Reference to the compact disc with read only memory by Kinotronics; Optical Access International's Mastet/CD 2400 CD-ROM server; Additional information.
- Corrections. // Advertising Age;4/5/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p22
Presents a correction to the article "A-B Orchestrates CD Debut for Famed Talking Lizard Duo," that was previously published in the March 29, 1999 issue of "Advertising Age."
- Welcome to the Net World Series of Questions. Ozer, Jan // EMedia Professional;Jan1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p102
Gives advice for compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) publishers on the use of the World Wide Web as a marketing tool. Automatic online registration; Integration of the browser.