Nimbus links five-year agreement to replicate Divx discs
- Nimbus opens Provo plant. Pemberton, Heather // CD-ROM Professional;Feb95, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p89
Reports on Nimbus CD International's opening of a state-of-the-art compact disc (CD) manufacturing facility in Provo, Utah.
- You're not hallucinating. M.A. // Popular Science;Dec95, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p35
Looks at the holographic CDs. Comments from John Town, corporate director of Research and Development for Nimbus CD International; Nimbus' expectations.
- Movies to feature on double-density CD. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;2/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1859, p20
Reports that Nimbus, the British record manufacturer, recently demonstrated that it is now possible to store a full-length feature film with a stereo soundtrack on one side of a standard 12-centimeter CD. What is needed to play the film; What the conventional CD was designed for; When it...
- Nimbus trims down to beef up capacity. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;3/31/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Nimbus CD International Incorporated is consolidating operations in the western United States. Increase in its annual domestic capacity to 185-million compact discs; Comments from Lyndon J. Faulkner, president and chief executive officer; Nimbus' acquisition of an 82,...
- Even with some studios committed, Divx faces a lengthy uphill fight. Goldstein, Seth // Billboard;09/27/97, Vol. 109 Issue 39, p87
Focuses on Digital Video Express, the joint venture of Circuit City Stores and the Ziffren Brittenham law firm, and its work to find studio support for Divx. Divx as a digital versatile disk (DVD) variant; How much Digital Video Express spent to have Disney to commit to Divx; Reaction of DVD...
- Who is DVD's One True Master? Fritz, Mark // EMedia Professional;Aug99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p38
Presents information on Digital Linear Tape (DLT), a digital media for digital video disc (DVD). Significance of DLT; How DLT was used in DVD projects replicated by Nimbus CD International, a technicolor company; Impact of DLT to DVD developers that work with DVD-ROM rather than DVD-Video.
- Carlton Communications to acquire Nimbus. Verna, Paul // Billboard;06/27/98, Vol. 110 Issue 26, p6
Discusses the merger agreement between Carlton Communications plc and Nimbus CD International. Terms of the deal, including outstanding shares offer from Carlton; Comments of Carlton Chairman Michael Green on how the acquisition complements the strength of Technicolor, Carlton's subsidiary, in...
- Nimbus invests heavily in DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p61
Reports that Nimbus CD International has invested toward service improvements, compact disc capacity increases, and digital video disc (DVD) manufacturing capability. Amount of investment; Explanation of DVDs.
- Carlton purchases Nimbus CD. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;6/22/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the acquisition of optical disc maker Nimbus CD International Incorporated by Carlton Communications plc of London, England. Value of this acquisition; Benefits of this acquisition to Carlton's Technicolor division; Information on the services offered by Nimbus; Statistics on Nimbus'...