DVD PRO: `Equal Opportunity' conference
- DVD summit...a la Versailles. Guenette, David R. // EMedia Professional;Dec97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p22
Announces the holding of the DVD Summit, the first European conference to address the strategic Digital Video Disc (DVD) issues and publishing opportunities for Phase Alteration Standard (PAL). Sponsors of the summit to be held on November 30-December 2, 1997 in Trianon Palace, Versailles,...
- DVD camps remain split at REPLItech. Verna, Paul // Billboard;7/1/95, Vol. 107 Issue 26, p95
Reports on the result of the meeting between the two competing groups of high-density videodisc formats at the REPLItech conference on June 13 to 15, 1995 in Santa Clara, California. Features of the meeting; Background of the dispute; Features of the convention; Comment by Arjen Bouwman,...
- AOL Offers Video Buyers Simplified Payment. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;7/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p8
Discusses the simplified payment system offered by America Online for home entertainment software at AOL Shop: Music, DVDs and Videos. Reason for the move; Titles available through the service; Benefits to customers.
- AOL Members Pick 'Ultimate' DVDs. Howard, Brendan // Video Store Magazine;12/28/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 53, p22
Highlights the selection of motion pictures by member of America Online (AOL) which will comprise the second Ultimate DVD Collection from AOL Movies in 2004. Efforts done by AOL Movies to compile a list of popular films from every decade; List of films to comprise the collection.
- AOL buys video search firm. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p156
The article reports that the Internet firm American Online has acquired start-up video search company Truveo Inc. in order to add robust video search capabilities to its web search capabilities. Truveo's video search technology sifts through video files hosted on web pages to help users find...
- For Wisk, Inspiration Comes From TiVo, Paris. // Brandweek;6/12/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 24, p10
The article presents an interview with Matt Wisk, executive vice-president and CMO of United Online. He discusses the preparation being made by the company for its transition from dial-up business to other areas. He emphasizes the plan of the company to launch the PrivatePhone service. He...
- Yahoo! TV to channel TiVo. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/7/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 36, p4
The article reports that Yahoo! Inc. and TiVo Inc. are making it possible for consumers to program the popular digital video recorder from any Internet connection by using Yahoo! TV. In the next few months, TiVo and Yahoo! also will use their relationship to make some Yahoo! services available...
- AOL agrees distribution deal with Blockbuster. Sweney, Mark // Marketing (00253650);6/16/2004, p6
America Online Inc. (AOL) has extended its lead in the high street distribution battle against Wanadoo through a lucrative tie-up with video rental giant, Blockbuster across its 720 Great Britain outlets. Under the deal, AOL Internet access CDs will be made available at point-of-sale in...
- BITS & BRIEFS. // Billboard;12/17/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 51, p14
The article presents an update on digital entertainment. MTV Networks' music channels has been added to the video search engine of America Online. TiVo has launched the Series 2 Digital Video Recorder connected to a home network. PassAlong Networks has introduced two online digital music offerings.