Sun Microsystems introduces Solaris development kit for Intel
- Multi-CPU servers promise fast analysis, graphics. Braham, James // Machine Design;06/05/97, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p31
Presents information on multi-central processing unit computers from Sun Microsystems Incorporated aimed at design engineering departments. Features of the computers; Description of the computers.
- Politics and all that jazz. // Telephony;9/02/96, Vol. 231 Issue 10, p12
Features the Democrats' World Wide Web page designed by Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. which features a President Clinton look-alike playing the saxophone. Capabilities.
- Java jive. Levine, Shira // Telephony;09/01/97, Vol. 233 Issue 9, p10
Reports on Sun Microsystems' announcements concerning its 1997 Java Internet Business Expo. Introduction of the JavaEngine 1 reference platform; Company's new original equipment manufacturer customers for its reference designs for Internet appliances; Companies that have signed licensing...
- Sun targets 486 machines as network computers. Steinet-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;02/17/97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p15
Focuses on Sun Microsystems' plans of making use of personal computers with Intel 486 microprocessors. Reasons for the decision to implement these plans; Benefits of using Intel 486 microprocessors; Details on plans to rescue elderly personal computers. INSET: Fact file..
- Darkest before dawn. Fink, Ronald // FW;12/7/93, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p28
Analyzes the difficulties of the Sun Microsystems Corporation in marketing its products in 1993. Sales earnings from fiscal year 1992 to fiscal 1994; Operating margins; Market competition; Amdahl alliance. INSET: Where the sun shines...
- Silicon Valley's rising Sun. Rogers, M. // Newsweek;3/21/1988, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p62
Six-year-old Sun Microsystems is planning to develop a new computer standard to challenge IBM, Digital Equipment, and Apple. Sun has joined forces with Unisys, AT&T, and Xerox to produce the definitive version of the operating system Unix. Sun's background and goal; Unix system and users;...
- Sun chooses best of breeded ISP. Fassett, Anne M. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec95, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p22
Reports on Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Preferred Internet Provider Program.
- Sun Q4 net doubles, sales up 30.... // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p8
Reports on the performance of Sun Microsystems in the fourth quarter of 1992. Comparison with the same period in 1991; Earnings and share value; Performance of subsidiaries; Comment from chief financial officer Kevin C. Melia.
- Sun unveils first X terminal. // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p15
Reports on the introduction by Sun Microsystems Computer Corp. (SMCC) of its microSPARC-based X terminal. Competition with market leaders; Specifications; Pricing; Upgrade options.
- Sun direct. // Electronic News;10/11/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1984, p4
Reports on Sun Microsystems' plans to sell Sparc MPUs and ASICs with embedded Sparc cores. Establishment of world-wide sales and distribution channel; Competition with Texas Instruments and Fujitsu; Market positioning.