Americ Disc aims to smooth transition from CD to DVD
- MPO in North America. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;09/06/97, Vol. 109 Issue 36, p74
Focuses on Americ Disc, a sound recording enterprise in Quebec, Canada, and owned by MPO and GTC Transcontinental Group Ltd. Historical highlights of the company; Comments of executive officers.
- Americ Disc acquires AstralTech Americas. // EMedia Professional;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p29
Presents the acquisition of the main assets of AstralTech Americas by Americ Disc. Advantages gained by Americ on the acquisition.
- Marcussen Leaves Precision To Open Own L.A. Studio. Verna, Paul // Billboard;03/20/99, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p48
Presents news relating to acoustical engineering for the week ending March 20, 1999. Resignation of mastering engineer Stephen Marcussen from the Los Angeles, California-based Precision Mastering; Release of a digital versatile disc (DVD) Audio authoring system by Sonic Solutions; $10 million...
- DVD media & services. // EMedia Professional;May99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p24
Presents updates on digital video disc (DVD) technology in the United States as of May 1999. Expansion plans of Americ Disc for its California DVD replication facility; Approval on Philips' patent licenses.
- Relocations, expansions, name change, & new companies. // CD-ROM Professional;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p20
Reports on news and developments concerning corporate relocations, expansions, name changes and new companies. Includes Americ Disc Inc.'s opening of two new manufacturing facilities in Blanchardstown, Ireland and Modesto, California; Business Software Alliance's relocation of its officer to...
- Americ Disc acquires Astral's CD plant. // Plastics News;2/3/1997, Vol. 8 Issue 49, p3
Reports that Americ Disc Incorporated (Inc.) is planning to acquire Astral Communications Incorporated's CD plant in Florida. Impact of the purchase; Comments by Pierre Franxou, vice president of technology at Americ Disc; Operations of Astral; Information on the plans of Americ Disc.
- Americ Disc, RIAA battle grows. Verna, Paul // Billboard;06/13/98, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on a court battle between the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and Americ Disc, Incorporated, a compact disc (CD) manufacturer. Claims of the RIAA concerning copyright infringement; Damages sought; RIAA President Hilary Rosen's comments on the situation; Why discussions...
- REPLICATION VENTURE ACQUIRES U.S. OPTICAL DISC. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/17/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p6
The article reports that the replicating joint venture between The Dering Corp. and Americ Disc Inc. has acquired compact disc (CD) replicator U.S. Optical Disc Inc. in an undisclosed transaction. Americ-Dering is capable of putting out 200 million units a year of optical media in its...
- RIAA Nets $10 Mil. In Settlement. Verna, Paul // Billboard;11/06/99, Vol. 111 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the out-of-court settlement of the copy right infringement case filed by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) versus independent compact disc replicator Americ Disc. RIAA's multimillion dollar agreements with other companies; Agreement of Americ Disc to establish a...