Zen TrueX technology designed to maximize CD, DVD speed performance
- Supplementary sound tracks on laser discs. Frumkes, Roy // Films in Review;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 44 Issue 1/2, p25
Part III. Presents several sound tracks on laser discs that can be found on second audio tracks. `Dr. Phibes Rises Again,' by Robert Fuest, `Taxi Drivers,' by Bernard Herrman, `A Heart at Fire's Center,' by Steven C. Smith;
- Kodak model PCD 5870 Photo-CD player. Feldman, Len // Popular Electronics;Feb94, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p20
Features the Kodak PCD 5870 Photo CD player. Features; Capabilities; Design.
- Optical technology in transition. Sealey, Mark // Technology & Learning;Oct97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p37
States that optical technology transition is one of the first ways many educators experienced multimedia through laserdiscs or Compact disc with read only memory. View that the software and the drive continue to be the prevailing form of optical technology; Details on optical discs.
- High-tech performer. Abernathy, Donna // Training & Development;Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p60
Presents information on a compact laser-disc player for video-based classroom instruction offered by Pioneer New Media Technologies. Weight; Compatibility of laser-disc player; Cost of CLD-V2800.
- Laser-disc players. // Consumer Reports;1994 Special Issue Buying Guide, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p18
Presents a guide for buying laser-disc players for 1994. Choices; Price range; Double-sided play; CD changer.
- CD-R index. // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p26
Presents the listing of CD-Recordable software for Macintosh and firmware versions as of June 1995.
- Optical Disc Duplicator. // Poptronics;Aug2002, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p9
Introduces the Composer Optical Disc Duplicator from Primera Technology. Configuration for either CD-R or DVD-R; Capability of duplicating and printing discs up to fifty discs per job from any Windows-based personal computer.
- Toshiba rolls 1.3GB optical drive. Guth, Rob // Electronic News;11/14/94, Vol. 40 Issue 2040, p20
Reports on the development of a portable optical disk drive system by Toshiba Corp. Memory capacity; Sixe; Technology implemented.
- Performance of automatic ball balancers on optical disc drives. Kim, W; Chung, J // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part C;Nov2002, Vol. 216 Issue 11, p1071
The balancing performance of an automatic ball balancer fitted on the spindle motor of optical disc drives, for instance CD-ROM or DVD drives, is analysed. It is well known that the operating speed of an optical disc drive with an automatic ball balancer should be higher than the translational...