Bulgarian police crack down on illegal manufacture of forms for CD printing
- In U.K., IFPI recruits manufacturers to fight piracy at its source. // Billboard;08/30/97, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p44
Reports on efforts by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) to reduce piracy in compact disc (CD) manufacturing. CD replicators as leading efforts; Availability of technology as leading to a greater potential for unlicensed dupication; Comments from IFPI director...
- GERMANY. // Daily Variety;7/17/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 31, p8
Reports developments in television broadcasting in Germany. Warning of broadcaster RTL to producer Endemol; Demand of media watchdogs for a crackdown on illegal compact disc copying from Internet music downloads.
- Pirates rampant in China. Fuller, Chris // Variety;1/22/96, Vol. 361 Issue 11, p74
Reports on the rampant compact disc (CD) piracy in China. Initiatives made by the European Union (EU) Trade Commission; Comments from American music industry executives.
- European Union Unites Against Counterfeiting. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;06/12/99, Vol. 111 Issue 24, p56
Reports on the efforts of the European Commission to stop the illegal piracy of compact discs throughout the European Union. The discussion document `Combating Counterfeiting and Piracy in the Single Market,' released by the Commission; Forming of the International Optical Disc Replicators...
- Industry concerns over piracy in Israel prompt raid. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;06/07/97, Vol. 109 Issue 23, p94
Reports on a raid on CDI Limited, a plant in Haifa, Israel suspected of compact disc (CD) piracy. CDs appearing in Europe from CDI Limited, possibly distributed through Patricia Records, in Luxembourg; Action prompted by the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) in...
- With pirates in irons, HK exhibs see gains. Groves, Don // Variety;06/05/2000, Vol. 379 Issue 3, p59
Focuses on the campaign against purveyors of counterfeit DVD and video compact discs in Hong Kong, China. Impact of the campaign to the local film industry; Revenue status of the cinemas after the campaign; Effect of piracy to some cinemas.
- CD-R Abuse Hits German Market Hard. Spahr, Wolfgang // Billboard;4/6/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 14, p55
Focuses on the decline in the value of record shipments in Germany in 2001, according to local labels body the Federal Association of the Phonographic Industry (BPW). Impact of illegal copying of music, including piracy, CD-R copying, and illegal downloads; Statistics; Comments of BPW chairman...
- CO-OPERATION WITH THAI GOVERNMENT WILL HELP STEM PIRACY AT SOURCE. // Music Week;1/25/2003, Issue 3, p38
Reports on the global sales of the music industry in the year 2002. Impact of Internet piracy in the declined sales of the industry; Percentage of pirated compact disc and cassettes sold around the world; Issues of copyright and piracy strike.
- Sinking the pirates. // Director;Mar1999, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p91
Reports on the promise of anti-piracy campaigner, Business Software Alliance, to track down buyers of counterfeit compact discs (CD). Software companies involved in he campaign; Economic costs of piracy.