Obesity in K-8 Students -- New York City, 2006-07 to 2010-11 School Years
- Restaurant Letter Grades Make Your Food Worse. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/2/2012, p1
The author explains preference for restaurants that display inspection grades from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- IMPACT OF INCREASED BODY MASS ON GROWTH PATTERNS IN SCHOOL CHILDREN. Chirita Emandi, A.; Gafencu, M.; Pienar, C.; Puiu, M. // Acta Endocrinologica (1841-0987);Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p551
Background. The increase in prevalence of obesity in children is well known worldwide, with important implications for health. Aim. To evaluate the growth patterns of normal weight, overweight, obese and underweight schoolchildren from western Romania, in order to understand how body mass is...
- Body Mass Index, Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in Lithuanian Children and Adolescents, 1985-2002. Tutkuviene, Janina // Collegium Antropologicum;Mar2007, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p109
The study provides the body mass index (BMI), the prevalence of overweight (OW) and obesity (OB) in Lithuanian children and adolescents, 1985-2002. In the 2000-2002 more than 9,000 schoolchildren of 7-18 years old were investigated in the 5 biggest towns and surrounding settlements of Lithuania....
- NYC tracks bioterrorism using high tech. Valkenburgh, Jaan van // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p28
Focuses on the use of a technology called entity-relationship model by the New York Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to track symptoms of diseases caused due to bioterrorist attacks in New York City. Diseases that can be detected through the technology; Addition made by iWay Software in...
- As goes New York City... Hawkins, Kathryn // Restaurant Business;Sep2010, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses the role of New York City in changing the face of the restaurant business. It has been stated that New York City was the first major American cities to ban smoking in restaurants in 2003. Now the City's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has instructed food industry...
- MISCELLANEOUS. // Landlord v. Tenant;Dec2011, p9
The article reports that a landlord has received a violation notice from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene for failure to keep his building free of pests and conditions conducive to pests.
- Mental health problem. // Crain's New York Business;10/6/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p47
Many children in the Bronx have significant mental health problems, but they are often unable to get the help they need, according to an assessment of outpatient mental health services for children conducted by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The assessment found that...
- NYC Teaches People How to Properly Shoot Heroin. Shaw, Jazz // Moderate Voice;1/10/2010, p8
The article reports on the guide released by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene in learning a safer way to shoot heroin in New York City. It states that the department has spent 32,000 U.S. dollars of tax money on 70,000 copies offering information on how to prepare drugs carefully and...
- NYC reporte spate of HIV false positives with oral test. // AIDS Alert;Aug2008, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p93
The article focuses on the report filed by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH) on the increasing rate of false positive test results with the use of an oral fluid rapid HIV test.