Design a 100A active load to test power supplies
- Keep track of your alternative electric loads. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p114
Details the Priotizer, an equipment device designed to lower electrical demand on stand by alternative current generators, from Sequent Power Inc.
- Synchronous Buck Regulator Doubles Output Current in ThinSOT. Bindra, Ashok // Electronic Design;5/13/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p32
Discusses the features and capabilities of LTC3406 synchronous buck regulator. Refinement of the electric circuits of the regulator; Continuous current output; Operation quiescent current; Input voltage range; Fixed switching frequency.
- Can someone refresh my memory? Lawrie, Robert J. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb99, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p12
Provides several responses to the question of whether the installation of a 200A-rated, 42-circuit-load center with protection consisting of a 100A switch/circuit breaker violates electrical engineering standards. Protection of 200A-rated bus bars in the panel by the feeder's protective device;...
- Basic Regulator Circuits. Sheets, William; Graf, Rudolf F. // Poptronics;Mar2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the mechanics of simple power-supply regulators. Relevance of plane-jane power supply regulator in the process; Details of its mechanical process; Advantages on the application of its power supplies and high-power amplifiers.
- Extending Voltage Range on High Power Density Regulators. McCoy, Bryan; Kaske, Tim // ECN: Electronic Component News;Oct2008 Power Sources, p13
The article discusses the importance of extending voltage range in high powered density regulators. It relates that the addition of some simple external circuitry will enable high powered density products to be compatible with higher and lower input voltages. It provides a design approach of...
- How does a droop circuit work with paralleled generators? Lawrie, Robert J. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Mar1998, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p22
Answers a question on how droop circuit work with paralleled generators. Importance of a parallel compensation circuit to prevent circulating currents from flowing between the machines; Use of reactive droop compensation to eliminate undesired circulating currents.
- Give the jitters to IEEE 1394b receivers. Rowe, Martin // Test & Measurement World;Sep2001, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p51
Verifies the integrity of an IEEE 1394b receiver circuits using an arbitrary waveform generator. Generation of test signals; Performance of jitter test on receivers; Measurement of the jitter using a signal analyzer.
- Low-noise ac/dc current source with continuous zero crossing. Ruggiero, S. T.; Schwarzbek, S.; Howard, R. E.; Track, E. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jul86, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p1444
A circuit has been developed for the measurement of the electrical characteristics of devices sensitive to extrinsic noise and intrinsic power-supply transients. The circuit comprises two active current sources running in opposition. The current can be ramped smoothly through current excursions...
- Control Method Solves Low Duty-Cycle Dilemmas. Hariman, George; Richardson, Chris // Power Electronics Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p22
The article provides control method to lower duty-cycle dilemmas for buck switching-regulator circuits of field-programmable gate arrays and microprocessors in National Semiconductor Corp. in Santa Clara, California. Included in the list are peak-current-mode control which usually employ...