Teachers' Assessment Practices Viewed Through the Instruments Used in Physical Education Classes
- Predictors of success on the Texas state certification tests for secondary teaching. Chambers, Sharon; Munday, Robert; Sienty, Sarah; Justice, Madeline // College Student Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p10
Investigates the predictors of future teachers' success on the Examination for Certification of Educators in Texas. Level of student ability in areas of academic achievement; Independent effects of grade-point average, age, gender, critical thinking abilities, reading ability and Texas Academic...
- The linkages between teacher unions and student achievement. Zigarelli, Michael A. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1994, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p299
Examines the linkages between teacher unions and student achievement. Construction and testing of a model of how teacher unions influence student achievement; Teacher union productivity effect.
- The Validity of the Qualitative Measures of Teaching Performance Scale as a Measure of Teacher Effectiveness. Gusthart, J. Len; Kelly, Ivan M.; Rink, Judith E. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan1997, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p196
Determines the relationship between the Qualitative Measures of Teaching Performance Scale (QMTPS) and teacher effectiveness in producing student achievement. Validity of QMTPS as a measure of teacher effectiveness; Categories of QMTPS; Percentage and standard deviation for QMTPS.
- Using Effective Research in Teacher Evaluation. Stow, Shirley B. // Educational Leadership;Oct79, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p55
Reports on the studies conducted by researchers of Iowa State University on the effect of teachers' evaluation process on the academic achievements gained by the students. Steps involved in the teachers evaluation; Basis of the formal appraisal of teachers.
- Time Out of School. Bracey, Gerald W. // Phi Delta Kappan;Jan89, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p408
Discusses the relationship between time-on-task and academic achievement in the U.S. Measurement of reading proficiency; Influence of teachers on how much time children read out of class; Variables that correlated with reading proficiency; Complex relationship of watching television to reading.
- Teacher Quality Guide. // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the publication of 'A Community Action Guide to Teacher Quality' by the Public Education Network in the U.S. Enhancement of teacher quality; Development of student achievement.
- Fruitvale High School Faculty Recognizes Academic Stars. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);5/10/2012, Vol. 115 Issue 19, p4B
The article reports that the faculty, parents, and students have recognized the academically outstanding students during the Fruitvale High School Academic Awards Night in Texas held on April 30, 2012.
- Why we can't grade teachers on test scores. Romine, Joyce // South County Journal;4/18/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 16, pA7
The author reports that lawmakers in Missouri and other states are pushing to have teachers evaluated based on students' standardized test scores and argues that this would be unfair to public school teachers as student achievement reportedly depends on so many factors that go beyond the teacher.
- Investment in teacher quality pays off. // Leadership;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p6
Reveals that teacher quality is the variable that most influences student achievement in the United States. Linking of percentage of teachers with full certification to student achievement; Realization of gains from small class sizes through the hiring of qualified teachers.