The Validity of the Qualitative Measures of Teaching Performance Scale as a Measure of Teacher Effectiveness
- Teacher Quality Guide. // District Administration;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the publication of 'A Community Action Guide to Teacher Quality' by the Public Education Network in the U.S. Enhancement of teacher quality; Development of student achievement.
- Is it Really the Teachers? An Analysis of the Discourse of Teacher Effects on New Zealand Educational Policy. Nash, Roy; Prochnow, Jane // New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies;2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p175
What is the status of quantitative models of teacher effects? How do the statements of government officials, academics, and journalists constitute an elaborate discursive framework within which policymaking is carried out? These questions, and others, are investigated through an analysis of...
- EFFECTS OF DEMOGRAPHIC FACTORS & TEACHERS' COMPETENCIES ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN THE PUNJAB. Aziz, Muhammad Akram // Gomal University Journal of Research;Jun2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p18
The study was conducted to know about the effect of demographic factors and teachers' competencies on the achievement of secondary school students in the Punjab. The nature of the study was descriptive. The objectives of the study were: (a) To analyze the effect of demographic factors on...
- Doing Things Differently: The Outcomes of Teachers Researching Their Own Practice in Teaching Writing. Limbrick, Libby; Buchanan, Pauline; Goodwin, Marineke; Schwarcz, Helen // Canadian Journal of Education;2010, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p897
In this study we investigated whether teachers' pedagogical and content knowledge of writing would increase as an outcome of teachers taking a research lens to their practice to raise students' writing achievement. Using student achievement data as a baseline, teachers examined and refined their...
- What makes Charter Schools work? // Education (14637073);1/20/2012, Issue 453, p3
The article discusses "Getting Beneath the Veil of Effective Schools: Evidence from New York City," a report from Harvard University researchers which evaluated 35 charter schools in New York City and examined the practices that led to high academic achievement and increased teacher effectiveness.
- Leveraging Teacher Pay. Odden, Allan; Wallace Jr., Marc J. // Education Week;8/6/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p64
Schools in the U.S. today are under enormous pressure to raise student test scores, or in the parlance of standards-based education reform, to educate students to high and rigorous performance standards. In pursuit of this lofty agenda, states and the federal government are focusing their...
- METHOD OF CALCULATION THE NUMBER OF DIMENSIONS. Osnovina, Janīna // Engineering for Rural Development - International Scientific Con;2008, p203
This research work is located within the present context of raising standards in engineering education through the quality of teaching improvement. It is connected with preparation of competent and qualified engineers who are required at the Latvian labour market today. Engineering is the...
- Having access to excellent teachers is a civil right. Allen, Freddie // Michigan Citizen;11/24/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, pA5
The article reports on the results of a study by the Center for American Progress and Public Impact which revealed the importance of having excellent teachers in schools to promote student progress in the U.S.
- What Are the Attributes of an Effective Teacher? Eldridge, Gordon // International Educator;Oct2010, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p15
The article highlights the importance of teacher effectiveness to student achievement and discusses the attributes of an effective teacher based on a study by John Hattie, professor at the University of Auckland.