Moving Beyond the Crises in Secondary Physical Education: An Australian Initiative
- Life at school used to be good. Slee, Phillip T. // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1994, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p20
Presents a study on bullying problems in schools in South Australia. Peer group bullying in secondary schools; Health status associated with bullying; Participants and method used in the study; Results of the study.
- Coffs Harbour University. // Architecture Australia;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p12
States that the new complex at Coffs Harbour is a combination of high school, university and TAFE college. Reason for combined facility; Who is responsible for the design; Features of complex.
- Decision-Making in Australian High Schools. Mulford, Bill; Kendall, Lawrie; Kendall, Diana; Hogan, David; Lamb, Stephen // International Studies in Educational Administration;2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p51
Effective decision-making has emerged in the literature as an important early key to successful high school reform. However, doubts have been expressed that moves to school-based management have affected the quality of decision-making in high schools, especially as it relates to widespread as...
- CHATSWOOD HIGH SCHOOL Assessment Task -- Year 9 Geography. // Geography Bulletin;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p38
The article presents an assessment task at Australia's Chatswood High School due on May 23, 2012, which requires to create a documentary or news report regarding a natural hazard in the country.
- The Mac.Robertson Girl' High School, Vic. Tran, Margaret // Connect: Supporting Student Participation;Apr2014, Issue 206, p3
The article offers the author's insights on The Mac.Robertson Girl's High School in Melbourne, Victoria, and the leadership roles being offered at the school, ranging from environment captain to the student representative council (SRC) representative.
- INTRODUCTION. STEGGALL, SUSAN // ISAA Review: Journal of the Independent Scholars Association of ;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the adoption of Asian children in Australia, teaching of Asian languages and histories in Australian high schools, and the 1945 bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan.
- ACROSS the GREAT DIVIDE. Ford, Catherine // Monthly: Australian Politics, Society & Culture;Apr2012, Issue 77, p40
An essay is presented on the educational system in Australia. It explores the experience of a student in a public high school in the country and her observations on its poor educational standards. It notes the treatment received by the students in the school from individuals in the bureaucracy...
- School leavers lack sparkie potential. Dodd, Tim // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/6/2015, p11
The article focuses on the views of Suresh Manickam, chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA), that employers are faced with problems such as including to be well-prepared for qualifications and increasingly complex technology due to lack of...
- How to work in a team. Tangri, Demi // Connect: Supporting Student Participation;Dec2015, Issue 216, p16
The article offers guidelines on qualities that members of a well-functioning team should have from the Mac.Robertson Girls' High School in Victoria in 2015 which include listening to what others have to say, having an open and flexible mind, and concentrating on team work.