Customer service--compare and contrast
- Top flight service. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2003, Issue 5338, p15
Focuses on the customer service at home furniture store Ogilvies in Inverness, Scotland. Area where children can watch TV; Clean toilet facilities; Coordinated roomsets and flooring of display areas; Chocolates for guests.
- 'Ya Gotta Wanna. . .' Schneider, Mitch // Motor Age;Sep2002, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p71
Relates experiences of the author concerning the quality of customer service at Nordstrom department store in Los Angeles, California. Service philosophy of the store; Opinions of business writers on the store; Discussions on incidents and situations portraying the legendary service quality of...
- Big stores' latest lure: Amenities. Solomon, Barbara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/25/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 39, p6
Discusses merchants and retailers' changes to provide customers more comfort and convenience. Consumers as wanting less stress and more satisfaction in shopping; Retail amenities to keep customers longer in store and spend more; Emphasis on layouts, quick response to customer needs and other...
- Los Angeles. Medina, Marcy; Brown, Rachel // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/9/2010 Beauty Biz, Vol. 200 Issue 75, p18
The article presents the best and worst beauty buying experiences of the authors in Los Angeles, California. The authors state that department store shopping in Beverly Hills on a weekday can be intimidating if you are not a lady who lunches there regularly, but it is hard not to get suck in by...
- Mystery Shopper: Hereford. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p8
Presents a chart depicting department store costumer services in Great Britain. Retail environment of each store; Product knowledge of customer service employees; Selling skills of personnel.
- Giving Customers Easy Access. Aktar, Alev // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/2/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 64, p18
Offers information on a roundtable called `World Beater: Transferring Successful Point-of-Sale Formulas,' which focused on the customer services of beauty product manufacturers. Details on Avon Products Incorporated's complementary access initiatives; Ways by which department stores can achieve...
- Los Angeles. Stanek, Laurie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 47, p62
Observes how a sales associate of Bullock's Los Angeles, California store recommended perfume brands to the author, who was searching for a new fragrance appropriate for fall 1995. Parfums d'Ete by Kenzo; CK One; Champagne by Yves Saint Laurent; Casmir; Amerige by Givenchy; Saleswoman's attitude...
- Detroit: rust-belt chic. Hodges, Michael // Travel & Leisure;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p54
Introduces several department stores in Detroit, Michigan. Marketing of clothing accessories; Creation of Arts and Crafts-style ceramics; Improvement of customer services.
- Changing Lives Through Laughter. Weil, Nancy // Funeral Home & Cemetery News;Dec2010, pA8
The article offers the author's insights on the customer service in the department store and on commissioned sales approach including sales staff meeting to set up the best sales program, ground rules creation, and filling out lead cards.