- ACH Firm Offers Speedy Web Link For Small Banks. Wade, Will // American Banker;4/25/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 79, p12
Reports on the introduction of personal computer automated clearing house (ACH) interactive management system service by New York-based ACH operator Electronic Payments Network (EPN), that allows banks to make a high-speed connection through an encrypted Web page. Benefits of the service over...
- The performance and stability of banking systems under `self-regulation': Theory and evidence. Bordo, Michael D.; Schwartz, Anna J. // CATO Journal;Winter95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p453
Examines three propositions that addresses the question whether self-regulation by banks will set an external limit on their inside money issues. Elimination of government intervention; Inside money; Clearing mechanism; Competitive note issues in East Asia and Oceania; Rule linking the...
- NON-FED NYACH WORKING. // Banking;Feb76, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the launching of the formal operations of the New York Automated Clearing House as of February 1976. Locations of financial institutions whose electronic debits and credits will be processed by the clearing house; Sponsor and operator of the clearing house.
- Who's going to run with the ball to build ACH volume? Waddell, Harry // ABA Banking Journal;Oct81, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p23
Examines the increase productivity in the banking community. Emphasis on the cost-cutting opportunities for automated clearing houses (ACH) bounded by the national network; Introduction of the automated teller machine; Compatibility of the ACH to fund transfer transactions.
- Europe-wide clearing house sets banks an IT challenge. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;4/11/2002, p2
Reports the support of the banking industry on the creation of single clearing house in Europe. Adoption of common standards in the information technology departments; Enhancement of cross-border payments; Standardization of messaging services.
- The Banks and The P.& I.B. Naish, P.J. // Accountancy;Jul1967, Vol. 78 Issue 887, p498
Focuses on reports on clearing banks made by the Great Britain Prices and Incomes Board. Reactions to the report.
- Processing delays Peru settlement. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;01/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p7
Indicates that a change in the clearing bank used by Cavali, central depository of Peru, has delayed local custodian banks' confirmation of their trades with other foreign clients. Switch of Cavali's clearing bank to Banco Sudamericano from Banco Financiero del Peru; Importance of lines of credit.
- Clearing House plan cuts bad-check losses. // Banking;Jan77, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p90
Reports on the New Account Procedure System (NAPS) program developed by the San Antonio, Texas Clearing House Association to reduce losses from bad checks. Number of banks participating in the NAPS program; Advantages of the system; Number of telephone inquiries received by NAPS since the...
- Clearing banks defend industrial lending record. // Accountancy;Apr1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1064, p22
Discusses the paper 'Bank Lending and Industrial Development: A Response to Recent Criticisms,' published by British clearing banks.