Chain stores fail to respond to recovery
- Allders, The Exchange, High Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p12
Features Allders, The Exchange, High Road, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, focusing on its customer service and staff's product knowledge.
- Chichester changes. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p18
Cites the changes made to Allders' At Home store format in London, England. Adoption of a less approach for roomsets; Theme colors of products sectors and styles; Introduction of a designer area to spotlight design trends.
- Allders Eastgate Centre. // Cabinet Maker;01/12/2001, Issue 5220, p11
Evaluates an Allders furniture store in Great Britain. Pricing and display of merchandise; Lighting; Cleanliness; Customer service; Lack of selling skills of sales personnel.
- Share index up, but directors cut and run. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/12/2003, Issue 5368, p6
Reports on the increase of the share index in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain as of December 2003. Profit losses of SCS Co.; Losses of Merchant Retail Group; Sale by company directors of their own shares.
- Coventry. // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99, Issue 5140, p8
Evaluates five furniture stores in Great Britain as part of the `Cabinet Maker' periodical's Mystery Shopper contest. RCN Furnishing in Brade Drive, Walsgrave; Kingstone along Bishop Street; Allders in Broadgate, Coventry; WH Furniture in Lower Holyhead Road, Coventry; CRS Homeworld in Walsgrave.
- Allders refurbishment puts ideas to the test. // In-Store Marketing;Feb2002, p7
Presents information on the long-term renovation program of Allders. Description of the carpet department of the store; Details of the color wall; Design of the audio-visual zone; Consultants of the retail store.
- Northampton Allders re-opens after flooding. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p3
Announces the re-opening of the Allders home furnishings store in Northampton, England on October 3, 1998. Repair of areas of the store damaged by floods.
- Allders sales inch upwards. // Cabinet Maker;5/31/2002, Issue 5289, p4
Reports the increase in the furniture and bed sales of Allders. Inauguration of the Oxford Street store of Allders; Reduction of the number of sales days; Layout of the store.
- Allders results are a mixed blessing. // Cabinet Maker;12/01/2000, Issue 5216, p2
Reports on the financial performance of British furniture company Allders for the period ended September 30, 2000 including an increase in furniture sales.