- ABC opens store with young in mind. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p28
Reports on the opening of a retail store by the home furnishings specialty retailer, ABC Carpet and Home Co. in New York. Physical description of the store; Store manager; Products.
- Allied Carpets Cranbrook Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p13
Evaluates Allied Carpets, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, citing its display of merchandise, customer service and friendliness of the staff.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Chain Store Age;Dec2000, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p256
Presents several products in the United States as of December 2000 which are useful in retail stores. Radeus dispenser systems from Trade Fixtures; Nomad Printed Carpet Matting 6600 from 3M Commercial Care; Heavy Duty Half Shelf on Tubing storage shelves from Madix Store Fixtures.
- ABC Carpet to close two N.Y. stores. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the plan of furniture retailer ABC Carpet & Home to close its units in Brooklyn and Riverhead New York. Reason behind the planned closure of ABC Carpet & Home's stores; Services offered by the two stores; Reputation of the company as a retailer of high-end specialty home furnishings.
- Measuring your store's operating performance. // Furniture/Today;12/25/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p18
Presents a worksheet that would enable furniture store owners to compare their store's performance with furniture stores in the United States with similar sales volumes. Quantitative measurement of profitability; Store size; Customer purchases as a percent of customer visits.
- Havertys turns 2010 profit despite 4Q earnings dip. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;3/7/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p43
The article reports on the business performance of Atlanta, Georgia-based retail store Havertys Furniture Cos. Inc. for 2010 wherein a decline in the retail store's profit for the fourth quarter (Q4) was recorded.
- Rugs displays at mass offer a variety of style and price. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;11/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p31
Focuses on the developments in the discount rug business in the U.S. Factors contributing to the growth of rug sales in 2000; Approaches used in selling improved features available in lower priced rugs; Prices of rugs at various retail stores in the country.
- 2004 FURNITURE STORE PERFORMANCE REPORT. // Furniture/Today;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, pS1
Presents the annual Furniture Store Performance Report published in the September 2004 issue of "Furniture/Today" in the U.S. Improvement of overall profitability; Percentage of the return on sales; Total number of respondents.
- Tibetan Traditions. // Architectural Digest;Apr2003, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p62
Features Dolma, a shop selling custom handmade Tibetan carpets in New York City. Location; Names of owners; Citation of quality and color.