Getting the balance right
- Ikea results go from strength to strength. // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p1
Reports on the increase in operating profit of Ikea in Great Britain in the year to August 31, 2001. Sales for the period; Percentage of increase in operating profits; Number of retail stores of Ikea.
- Ikea's bags of money. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p7
Reports on the fund raising of Ikea AB for environmental initiatives in Great Britain. Charges for carrier bags; Increase in the corporate profits; Increase in the environmental awareness of customers.
- Ikea ousts MFI to become UK's largest furniture chain. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2001, Issue 5248, p1
Reports on the increase in the profits of Great Britain-based furniture retailer Ikea. Increase in the sales of the store; Factors behind the increase in the store's profits; Cheaper imports.
- Ikea Adds More Stores, More Food. Wellman, David // Retail Merchandiser;Aug2005, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p7
Report on the launch of a chain store of Swedish furniture company Ikea in Atlanta, Georgia as part of its continuing expansion in the U.S. Appointment of Frank Briel as store manager of an Ikea store in Massachusetts; Role of the growth of the housing sector in the increase in profit of the...
- RTA Update. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p21
Reports developments in retail trade as of September 2003. Addition of another label to the home goods brands of Hudson's Bay Co.; Establishment of a store in Connecticut by Ikea AB; Sales performance of Bombay Co.
- Untitled. Hadfield, Will // Computer Weekly;10/24/2006, p23
The article reports that Ikea AB, a furniture retailer, has deployed a demand forecasting system to manage suppliers working with longer lead times, as it plans to increase its cost-effectiveness. It is stated that the firm reported good profits in the last financial year, and it wants to...
- NY chefs cook for IKEA opening and more. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/23/95, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p14
Reports that New York City-based chefs are promoting themselves and their culinary techniques as part of a star-studded cooking event at the debut of IKEA's New York store. Chefs to be featured at the store's opening promotion.
- Furniture retailer still looking for home in county. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p7
No abstract available.
- Ikea expansion. // Housewares;Apr94, Issue 107, p6
Reports on the announcement by Ikea that it has plans to open five more stores by 1999. Locations at Leeds, southwest London, and east London; Scotland as possible location for two others; Size of the stores.