Professional Athletes Fumbling Financial Planning
- Maximise your personal wealth by putting the focus on strategy. Whelan, Dervilla // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2006, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p52
The article discusses the effects of having a good financial plan as a keystone to financial security for accountants in Ireland. It offers answer regarding the failure of many profitable business owners and executives to maximize their personal financial wealth. Lastly, it presents several...
- We must solve America's financial literacy crisis. Tillett, Doug; Carberry, Joe // Hill;6/7/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 67, p26
The author reflect on how to teach American youth to manage their personal finances. They stress that these young people are at risk of making financial mistakes that could have serious long-term consequences. They suggest that financial literacy should start at home, where parents need to have...
- Insurance shortfall is a serious risk. Shermon, Richard // Money Management;2/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p12
Examines the increase in financial risks associated with under insurance in Australia. Rise in opportunity costs for the industry and financial advisors; Issues raised by the claims being paid for income protection; Actions taken by the government and insurance companies to address the issue.
- Financial Planning for Individuals. // Accountancy;Mar1971, Vol. 82 Issue 931, p106
The article features a booklet on financial planning in Great Britain in 1971. The article also cites the author of the booklet and the diversity of individuals who require guidance for their finances, as well as comments about the booklet. Implications for financial management are also cited by...
- Tips for tracking your personal economic recovery. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;8/1/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p58
Gives advice on making personal economic forecast. Effects of life events on an individual's personal economy; Role of a plan in defending against personal economic instability; Factors to be considered when getting a real job.
- Self-directed Financial Learning and Financial Satisfaction. Loibi, Cäzilia; Hira, Tahira K. // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
This study analyzes the effect of self-directed financial learning using employer-provided financial newsletters, financial publications, financial planning software, and the Internet on financial management practices, financial satisfaction, and career satisfaction. The sample consists of...
- Surf your way to savings. C. R. // Self;May2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The author shares how she saved money using the free money site www.Mint.com. After allowing access to her bank and credit card transactions and balances in the U.S., every purchase, deposit and withdrawal she made appeared in pie charts. The charts revealed how much she spent for groceries,...
- Achieving Financial Independence. Hultman, Jon // Podiatry Management;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p201
Discusses the achievement of financial independence among podiatrists in the U.S. Financial challenges encountered in the country; Development of a plan for financial independence; Application of the Habit Two approach on financial planning.
- Moving to the Big City: Make a Budget. Henry, Marilyn // Back Stage West;11/10/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p9
This article offers a financial plan for actors who want to move to New York or Los Angeles, California. Actors wishing to relocate in the area should be debt free and have a savings account with a minimum of 6,000 dollars to keep afloat for the first six months. The may need to pay a broker's...