- Reflections on La Esperanza. Cortez, Anita // Educational Considerations;Fall2007, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p11
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's educational path, which took many turns before ending up at Kansas State University as Administrative Director of the Developing Scholars Program.
- The New Politics of Textbook Adoption. Bernstein, Harriet T. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar85, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p463
Focuses on the disagreement between educators and learned societies in textbook writing in the United States. Consideration for a change in the process of selection and adoption; Efforts of scholars to study textbooks from an instructional rather than a social perspective; Advocacy for...
- Belonging and Non-Belonging: Costs and Consequences in Academic Lives. McGinn, Michelle K. // Workplace: A Journal for Academic Labor;2012, Issue 19, p1
The article discusses papers published within the issue, including "Contextualizing Academic Lives" and "All the World's a Stage: Players on the Academic Landscape."
- Academics in Politics. Iurevich, Aleksandr V. // Russian Social Science Review;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the mass departure of Russian scholars to politics. Causes of academic fraternities; How scholars enter politics; Characteristics of intellectuals.
- Research round-up. // Education (14637073);9/11/2009, Issue 364, p5
The article announces the educational research journals that have been received by this journal in September 2009 including the special issue "Teaching English, Language and Literacy" in the "Cambridge Journal of Education," the special issue "Quality Education for All in South Asia" in the...
- Professor STORIES. Blatt, Burton // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Nov83, Vol. 16 Issue 9
Presents stories illustrating the demise of scholars who resort to plagiarism and cheating in conducting their academic work. Shame of an eminent professor after discovering that a student plagiarized an obscure research to include in his original book; Cheating behavior of famous professors to...
- ADULT EDUCATION QUARTERLY FROM 1989 TO 1999: A CONTENT ANALYSIS OF ALL SUBMISSIONS. Taylor, Edward W. // Adult Education Quarterly;Aug2001, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p322
The intent of this study was to conduct an analysis of all submissions (accepted and rejected) to Adult Education Quarterly from 1989 to 1999. Previous reviews of the journal had only analyzed published articles. Including all submissions revealed a more complete analysis of trends, and patterns...
- Research Digest. // Education Journal;Apr2003, Issue 69, p27
Presents information on education-related papers published in academic journals in Great Britain, as of March 2003. Publication information; Article titles; Authors.
- Introduction to special section: 'Perspectives on comparative higher education'. Rhoades, Gary // Higher Education;Jun2001, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p345
Focuses on the perspectives of three scholars in the comparative study of higher education namely Bill Tierney, Nelly Stromquist, and Sheila Slaughter. Elaboration of Tierney on the posibilities of studying modern higher education; Framework of the perspective of Slaughter for the comparative...