Sport Education: Cautions, Considerations, and Celebrations
- Laudan and Leplin on empirical equivalence. Okasha, Samir // British Journal for the Philosophy of Science;Jun97, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p251
Explores Larry Laudan's and Jarrett Leplin's claim that empirically equivalent theories may be differentially confirmed. How their attempt to separate empirical equivalence and epistemic parity commits them to two principles of confirmation which Hempel demonstrated to be incompatible.
- Changing the theory of theory change: Towards a computational approach. Tennant, Neil // British Journal for the Philosophy of Science;Sep94, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p865
Investigates how one can characterize contraction in a theoretical way. Problems of theory contraction and revision; Foundation stone of the Alchourron-Gardenfors-Makinson (AGM) theory; Results of the AGM theory; Perspective on the problem of theory contraction.
- Comparing theories by their positive and negative contents. Burger, Isabella C.; Heidema, Johanne // British Journal for the Philosophy of Science;Jun94, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p605
Discusses the positive and negative contents of a propositional theory. Definition of positive content and negative content; Verisimilar preordering; Verisimilar partial ordering.
- Dretske on the metaphysics of freedom. McCann, Hugh J. // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Dec93, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p619
Argues Fred Dretske's view that an action cannot occur without its results occurring, but the result is not sufficient for the action. Component theory of overt action; Event-causal chain; Arguments to Dretske's claims; Distinction between triggering and structuring causes; Volitional accounts...
- `Doing theory' and educational leadership. Bingham, C. Steven // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep95, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p203
Suggests that learning to `do theory' may be a means of bridging classroom preparation with on-the-job needs. Criticism of preparation programs; Failure to connect theory and practice; Use of phenomenological and case-study methodology.
- The Myth and Ritual Theory: An Overview. Segal, Robert A. // Journal of Jewish Thought & Philosophy (Routledge);Feb97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Presents an overview of the myth and ritual or myth-ritualist theory. Symbiotic relationship and intra-connection between myth and ritual; Formulation and development of the theory by Victorian biblicist William Robertson Smith; Unimportance of mythology in ancient religion; Application of the...
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);12/5/2008, Issue 464, p1
An introduction of the journal on applied ethics in theory and practice is presented.
- Paradigms retained: Cultural theory, critical practice. Elliott, J.E. // Comparative Literature;Winter98, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p57
Deals with the integration and utilization of culture and theory. Reason for the evolution of the textual method; Discussion on `New Thematics'; Evaluation of cultural studies.
- CYCLIC AND TANGENTIAL POLYGONS. Lopez-Real, Francis // Mathematics Teaching;Jun2002, Issue 179, p3
Focuses on the extended concept of cyclic and tangential polygons. Properties of quadrilateral; Relation between quadrilaterals and circles; Proof for the converse of a quadrilateral theorem.