An Introduction to Sequential Behavior Analysis and What It Offers Physical Education Teacher Education Researchers
- Expectancy Effects in the Interscholastic Athletic Setting: Methodological Considerations. Horn, Thelma Sternberg // Journal of Sport Psychology;1984, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p60
Researchers investigating expectancy effects in academic as well as motor skills contexts have consistently found differences in instructors' behavior towards high- and low-expectancy children. However, certain methodological problems which have recently been identified may limit the...
- Subject Expertise and Teachers' Knowledge. Schempp, Paul G.; Manross, Dean; Tan, Steven K.S.; Fincher, Matthew D. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p342
Examines the influence of subject matter expertise on the pedagogical content knowledge of physical education teachers. Definition of pedagogical content knowledge; Challenges in student motivation; Differences in curricular selection.
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.
- Classroom Teachers Leisure Physical Activity and Their Conduct of Physical Education. McKenzie, Thomas L.; LaMaster, Kathryn J.; Sallis, James F.; Marshall, Simon J. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p126
Examines the leisure time physical activity of a classroom teacher. Application of a correlation analysis for the investigation; Confirmation of the active teachers teaching physical education.
- Value Orientations of Physical Education Preservice and Inservice Teachers. Behets, Daniel // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p144
Examines the value profiles of physical education preservice and inservice teachers in Flanders, Belgium. Consideration of teaching experience and type of teaching degree; Focus of the orientation on the social responsibility of teachers; Discussion on the process of enculturation and social...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- Characteristics of physical education faculty in Historically Black Colleges and Universities... Stier Jr., William F.; Quarterman, Jerome // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p73
Examines the status of physical education faculty and the policies, practices and procedures which relate to them as teachers in Historically Black Colleges and Universities possessing a major in physical education in the United States. General characteristics of institutions studied; Physical...
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.