Perceived Competence of Schoolchildren in Physical Education
- Explanatory style as a predictor of academic and athletic achievement in college athletes. Hale, Bruce D. // Journal of Sport Behavior;Jun93, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p63
Studies the effects of explanatory style on academic and athletic achievement as predicted by the Reformulated Attributional Model of Learned Helphlesness and Depression. Relationship between attained freshman grade point average and explanatory style, measured by the Attributional Style...
- Teacher behaviors and student academic learning time in elementary physical education. Lacy, Alan C.; LaMaster, Kathryn J. // Physical Educator;Late Winter96, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p44
Analyzes teacher behaviors and student academic learning time (ALT) and to examine their relationship in elementary physical education. Studies on factors that influence student achievement in the physical education setting; Categories wherein the highest percentage of teacher behavior are present.
- Retrieval and Review. Locke, Lawrence F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1997, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p379
Presents an abstract of the article 'Content Development Strategies in Physical Education: An Exploratory Investigation of Student Practice, Cognition, and Achievement (Motor Skills Acquisition),' by E.P. Hebert published in the April 1997 issue of the 'Journal of Teaching in Physical Education.'
- The Impact of Task Progressions on Students' Practice Quality and Task-Related Thoughts. Hebert, Edward P.; Landin, Dennis; Solomon, Melinda A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p338
Investigates the learning strategies influencing the academic achievement of students. Variables correlated to achievement; Role of physical education teachers on the progressions of students; Instructional conditions resulted to successful practice trials.
- Physical Education, Physical Activity, and Academic Performance in Youth. Trost, Stewart G. // Chronicle of Kinesiology & Physical Education in Higher Educatio;Nov2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p33
The article presents a review of peer-reviewed scientific literature on the relationship between physical education, physical activity, and the academic performance of youth. Evidence suggesting that health-related outcomes associated with physical education and physical fitness have a positive...
- ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND PARTICIPATION IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY BY SECONDARY SCHOOL ADOLESCENTS. Daley, Amanda J.; Ryan, Jason // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct2000, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p531
Investigates the relationship between secondary school adolescents' academic performance and participation in physical activities. Tabulation of the correlation coefficients for academic attainment and indices of physical activity by age; Negative influence of physical activities on...
- COMPARISON OF STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS RELATED TO PHYSICAL EDUCATION. Medjedović, Enver; Murić, Benin; Kachapor, Elmedin // Activities in Physical Education & Sport;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p157
The survey aims to analyse the application of the polygonal obstacles in physical education. The research was done on deliberate (intentional) sample of teachers. The sample consisted of 28 primary school teachers from elementary schools in Novi Pazar and underlying 28 physical education...
- Raising Student Achievement through Learning Logs and Formative Feedback. Sulzberger, Xanthe // Physical Educator - Journal of Physical Education New Zealand;Nov2014, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p20
The author conveys her thoughts on the use of learning logs and formative feedback to raise student achievement. Topics discussed include the use of deep prompting questions throughout the learning and assessment process, ways of using learning logs in Physical Education Achievement Standards,...
- Point: Australia Would Benefit From Expanding Physical Education in Schools. Hughes, Kylie Grimshaw // Australia Points of View: Physical Education;2016, p2
The article presents an argument for expanding school physical education programs in Australia. The author argues that it promotes lifestyle choices which benefit students and society at large. Australian obesity rates, correlations between physical activity and academic achievement, and the...