Contributions of Research on Student Thinking in Physical Education
- The Thoughts and Behaviors of Learners in the Inclusion Style of Teaching. Byra, Mark; Jenkins, Jayne // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Describes student decision making in the inclusion style of teaching in physical education (PE). Basis of learner decision making when selecting alternative levels of difficulty; Link between positive views of PE and success in PE; Variables critical to learning.
- Middle School Students' Perceptions of Coeducational and Same-Sex Physical Education Classes. Treanor, Laura; Graber, Kim; Housner, Lynn; Wiegand, Robert // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p43
Examines the perceptions of middle school students of coeducational and same-sex physical education classes in the U.S. Difference on perceived strength between male and female; Comparative reception on physical education in male and female; Implications for physical education teaching.
- Student Attitude Toward Physical Education and Physical Activity: A Review of Measurement Issues and Outcomes. Silverman, Stephen; Subramaniam, Prithwi Raj // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p97
Examines the student attitude toward physical education. Evaluation of students' physical activity; Overview of the concept of student attitude; Discussion of issues related to attitude measurement.
- A Review of Behavior Analysis Research in Physical Education. Ward, Phillip; Barrett, Tim // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p242
This article provides an overview of behavior analysis, reviewing its history and the experimental research conducted in physical education settings. Articles were selected from five journals by looking through each issue to identify those that used a single-subject design to assess the effects...
- Comparative Effects of Sequential Behavior Feedback and Goal-Setting Across Peer-Teaching and Field-Based Practice Teaching. Sharpe, Tom; Hosung So; Mavi, Hasan; Brown, Seth // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p337
Based on sequential behavior analysis (SBA) approaches to clinical practice activities (Sharpe, Lounsbery, & Bahls, 1997) and on results from school-university collaboration approaches to teacher education (Sharpe, Lounsbery, Golden, & Deibler, 1999), this study analyzed the effects of different...
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDES TOWARD INVOLVEMENT AMONG PHYSICAL EDUCATION, HEALTH, AND LEISURE SERVICES PRE-PROFESSIONALS. Huddleston, Sharon; Mertesdorf, Jane; Araki, Kaori // College Student Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p555
Presents a study that investigated the leisure time physical activity behavior of college students with physical education, health and leisure services major. Analysis of the exercise intensity and balance of feeling of the students; Reasons for being involved in physical education and leisure...
- Why do some students who are good at physical education... Morey, Ruth S.; Karp, Grace Goc // Physical Educator;Spring98, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p89
Presents a study which examined the competent students and their attitudes towards physical education. Methodology of the study; Factors that influences students attitude towards physical activity; Results.
- From the EDITOR. Rycik, James A. // American Secondary Education;Summer2008, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Sylvia S. Bagley on narrative student evaluation and another by Derrick Mears on the effect of reduced physical education on the future health and fitness of young adults.
- Setting Your Sights on Assessment: Describing Student Performance in Physical Education. Westfall, Sarah // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
Assesses the student performance in physical activities. Identification of the learning outcomes of children; Categorization of physical education; Description of a physically educated person.
- Chapter 5: Assessing Dispositions. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L.; Metzler, Michael W.; Walker, Theresa M.; Mozen, Diana // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p451
Examines the attitudes and beliefs of student teachers about teaching, physical education and learners in Atlanta, Georgia. Perceptions toward the Physical Education Teacher Education program in Georgia State University; Assessment of the dispositions among student teachers; Details on the...