- SWOT Analysis. // Dollar Tree Stores SWOT Analysis;Dec2010, p1
A business analysis of Dollar Tree Inc., a company that managers discount variety stores selling merchandise at one dollar price point, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced. Strengths include efficient pricing structure and extensive retail...
- SWOT Analysis. // Dollar Tree Stores SWOT Analysis;Sep2011, p1
A business analysis of Dollar Tree, Inc., a company that operates discount variety stores, is provided, focusing on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced by the company. Strengths include an efficient pricing structure. Weaknesses include high dependence on China....
- New Dollar Tree ceo stresses technology. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;10/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plans of retailer Dollar Tree. Investments in technology; Construction of distribution centers; Pricing strategy of the store; Changes in the format of stores; Marketing campaign of the company.
- Extreme value retailers getting more for the buck. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p66
Looks at the market performance of single-price retailers in the United States in 1998. Posted earnings of Dollar Tree; Factors that contributed to the market growth; Implication of the market growth.
- Raking up profit at Dollar Tree Stores. // Chain Store Age;Nov97, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p54
Evaluates the impressive performance of Dollar Tree Stores despite the closure of fellow competitors Everything's $1.00 and All For A $. Company's ranking in the High Performance Retailer study; How Macon F. Brock, Jr. founded the company; Dollar Tree's merchandise strategy; Use of strip...
- Getting more bang for its buck. Atkinson, Helen // JoC Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 2 Issue 40, p20
Reports the decision of the discount retailer, Dollar Tree to sharpen supply-chain visibility in the United States. Benefits gained in working with ocean carriers; Collection and analysis of shipment information; Contract between Dollar Tree and Log-Net.
- Dollar Tree grows Q4 profits. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p16
Cites the financial performance of variety merchandise retailer Dollar Tree Stores Inc. Percent increase of fourth quarter profits; Comparison of 2002 and 2001 sales performance; Operating costs.
- The `Billion Dollar Club' still a designation of distinction. Lisanti, Tony // DSN Retailing Today;7/10/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p11
Focuses on the retail store chains included in the Billion Dollar Club, a group of companies in the United States with annual sales in billion dollars. Number of retailers included in the Top 150 Billion Dollar Club for the year 2000; Sales growth of discount department stores; Sales of...
- Selma's reservoir of consumers attracts national companies. Fujimoto // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/03/2000, Issue 322559, p3
Reports on the entry of discount-store chain Dollar Tree Stores Inc. and Denny's Restaurants Inc. into the Selma, California, market. Selma's total population; Size of the area's sales base; Shopping centers where the chains have decided to locate their outlets; Background information about...