Which way should I go?
- The Latest. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p44
Reports on the career development of executives. Promotion of Michael Segreto as account director of list management and Chris Goodwin as account manager of list management at Peterborough-based Millard Group Inc.; Contribution of Joseph Carrabis, founder and chief research officer of...
- Is It Time for a Change? O'Connor, Marcia Zaruba // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Spring2006, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p6
The article provides advice to accountants on how to decide when it is time to look for another job or career. It is important to conduct a self-appraisal, determine the effects of change, prepare a resume, prepare a list of desired companies, specify a target acceptance date, minimize the risk...
- It's Still Who You Know... Koss-Feder, Laura // Time;3/22/1999, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p114F
Advises on job hunting techniques. Time allowance to get the preferred position; Participation in an association formed around a common interest; Presentations before a networking group; University databases for employment opportunities; Recommended reading.
- The Three Rules of Life: Some modest advice for those embarking on a career in dental research. Barnett, Michael L. // Journal of Dental Research;Oct1995, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p1628
The author discusses his experience as a dental researcher and provides three pieces of advice to younger researchers on how to manage their careers. His first career rule is to remember that career changes are possible. Secondly, researchers should be aware of global trends and should be...
- â€¦career coach. Sabatier, Marielena // Personnel Today;1/23/2007, p32
The article presents a question-and-answer advisory on how to handle organizational change for employees. The advice concerns an individual whose position as a human resource manager was being made redundant after some changes within his company. In response, the author suggests the need of...
- Do you have what it takes to change careers? Greenwald, Rich // Westchester County Business Journal;10/12/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 41, p28
The article offers strategy on how to formulate plan for a successful career change. It suggests setting timeline and review financial situation since changing a career is not an overnight process and financial matters should be considered. It proposes to assess interests, skills, and education...
- Career Transitions 'A Step-by-Step Program'. // Business Soft Skills: Career Transitions 'A Step-by-Step Program;2013, p1
Video length: 18:33. This video is a step-by-step program to help you determine the best career for you. If you are coming out of the military, a graduating student or someone who has already started an occupation, this lesson can help you find a satisfying career.
- Stay or Go? Daniel, Lisa // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p104
Discusses factors that should be considered in career development. Suggestion on job hunting; Clues that imply the need for career change.
- Making Your First Lateral Move. Bacon, Laura B. // Woman Advocate;Winter2015, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
The article offers advice for women lawyers on making lateral career move. It suggests looking for areas of legal practice where women lawyers enjoy the most and ask for extra assignments in those areas if their firms alloy it. It recommends making changes that would make them happier in their...