SKILLS ON THE LINE
- Crossrail design tendering past halfway. // Rail Business Intelligence;8/13/2009, Issue 348, p2
The article reports that Crossrail Ltd. has announced its plan to award two more portions of contracts under the framework agreements to provide detailed design services for the east-west rail link under London, England. Graham Plant, Crossrail programme director, stated that the programme has...
- End of the line near for Los Angeles rail? Middleton, William D. // Railway Age;Jan98, Vol. 199 Issue 1, p28
Talks about the proposed suspension of the rail projects in Los Angeles County. Rail projects that will be affected by the proposal; Protesting party on the proposed suspension; Problems encountered by the railroad projects.
- EGYPT. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/7/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p21
Reports on the number of international and local companies that have applied to prequalify for work on an extension to the second line of the metro railway in Cairo, Egypt. Information sought by the Egyptian National Authority for Tunnels from prospective bidders; Estimated cost of the project.
- L.A. Rail Agency Hopes to Improve Project Procurement. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/21/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p15
Aiming to attract more bidders, control costs and streamline administration, a Los Angeles, California-based transit agency is changing its strategy in procuring major construction contracts on a six-mile, $880-million light-rail project. Firms can choose to bid on the aggraded, design-build...
- Mexico: Concession awarded for Southeast Railway. // Railway Age;Aug98, Vol. 199 Issue 8, p24
Presents information on a 50-year concession awarded to Tribasa consortium to operate Mexico's Ferrocarril del Sureste (Southeast Railway). Amount to be invested in the railway; Improvements to be done in the project.
- After seven years, a train visits NWP. Goepel, Christian // Trains;Jul2009, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that work trains have started moving over California's Northwestern Pacific Railroad. The line sat dormant for seven years following reportedly devastating washouts. On March 24, 2009, railroad contractor Balfour Beatty PLC took three loaded tie cars across the Napa River to...
- TfL looks to Europe for bid interest. Pearman, Ross // Contract Journal;12/13/2006, Vol. 436 Issue 6605, p39
The article reports on the efforts of the Transport for London (TfL) in England to look for European contractors for its major infrastructure projects. Peter Field, TfL director of London Rail Development, claims that the department's corporate section is in the process of approaching overseas...
- Request for proposals issued for PTC project. // Railway Age;Mar2000, Vol. 201 Issue 3, p21
Encourages the participation of project contractors in the request for proposals for the Illinois Positive Train Control project of Union Pacific's railroad line between Mazonia and Springfield, Illinois. Significance of the railroad line; Role of the Transportation Technology Center Inc. in...
- Chorley's flying arches replaced. // Rail Business Intelligence;9/18/2008, Issue 326, p7
The article informs that Northern Rail and TransPennine Express services resumed through Chorley on September 8, 2008 after a six-week blockade during the summer holidays. Network Rail Ltd. and its principal contractor Birse Rail had actually completed work on the 5.5m pound scheme two days...