ON MY AGENDA
- Top job. Couzins, Martin // Personnel Today;9/7/2004, p47
This article presents an interview of Danny Kalman, who has been appointed HR director at Matsushita Electronic Europe. The company is best known for its Panasonic brand and employs 13,000 people in Europe. He says, to bring the HR function closer to the business and to accelerate the adoption...
- The Right Fit. Mycek, Shari // Trustee;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p12
Provides guidelines on how to recruit corporate board members. How to assemble a board development team; Details on the assessment on the needs of the organization; Importance of creating job description.
- On the move. Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p33
Presents news items related to the appointment of human resource (HR) executives by companies in Great Britain. Recruitment of Daniel Kasmir by recruitment company Manpower; Appointment of Ronnie Clawson as HR director at the Peabody Trust housing association; Selection of Andrew Constable by...
- CAREERS: COMMENT. Turinas, Adam // Marketing (00253650);9/13/2001, p58
Provides tips to traditional companies on how to recruit and retain successful young executives. Understanding of the needs of the executives; Decline of the so-called 'New Economy'; Use of recruitment consultancies to locate the executives.
- Secrets of a Corporate Headhunter. Carroll, Jim // Workforce (10928332);Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p195
Provides tips on executive recruiting. How to take the initiative when a recruiting crisis develops; How to deal with the challenges of recruiting; Important issues to consider when dealing with competitions in the industry.
- Talent war fuels employer branding. // People Management;9/2/2010, p11
The article reports on the results of an Employer Brand Benchmark Survey that was conducted by People in Business in Great Britain in 2010, revealing the efforts being done by human resource (HR) departments to hire specialist managers to run employer brand projects.
- On the move. // Personnel Today;1/28/2003, p28
Reports on appointments and selections of several executives related to the field of personnel management in Great Britain. Selection of Nigel Sullivan as group human resource (HR) management director of supply chain solutions firm Wincanton Corp.; Appointment of Keir Lynch as HR director of...
- Job-Hunting Tips For Executives. Cicarelli, James // Management Review;Jun91, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p39
Suggests tips in job hunting for executives. Challenges facing executives looking for jobs; Considerations of employers when hiring an executive; Importance on focusing on achievements; Preparation of cover letter and resume.
- Tracking corporate tigers in the seventies. Walker, James W. // Management Review;May73, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p41
Discusses human resource management strategies pertaining to the advancement and development of potential executives in the United States during the 1970s. Reasons cited why most fast-track manpower-planning programs are ineffective; Selection of individuals based on a thorough review of...