- OFFICE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT. Notices. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;12/31/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 250, p77121
The article offers information on the notice issued by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) regarding the renewal of the Hispanic Council on Federal Employment (Council). It notes that the Commission must advise the Director of the OPM on the enforcement of employment practices to...
- Changing environment requires strategic planning to... Twomey, Rosemarie Feuerbach // Business Forum;Spring/Fall97, Vol. 22 Issue 2/3/4, p18
Presents labor laws that provide protections to employees in the workplace. Federal statutory law; State statutory law; Effects of the constitutional laws; Applicability of the employment-at-will doctrine; Existing laws to problems that the human resource managers are likely to face.
- A SNEAK PREVIEW? Younson, Fraser; Davies, Phillip // People Management;7/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p19
Comments on the plan of the British government to conduct a wholesale review of employment rights. Change in the statutory dismissal and disciplinary procedures in the employment bill; Impact of the existence of statutory procedure on employers; Views on the plan of the government to impose...
- Big brother RIP? Nickson, Sue // Financial Management;Jan2001, p12
Deals with the legal issues involved in personnel monitoring. Principles of the 1998 Human Rights Act; How employers can defend themselves from human rights violation charges; Exceptions in the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
- Anti-gay charges leveled against gym. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;4/9/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p7
The article reports that two straight white men filed charges against the 24 Hour Fitness chain in the U.S. allegedly for being subjected to homophobic, sexist, and racist comments from other staff members in their former workplace.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p3
The article offers legal news briefs as of March 2013 on topics such as the cases Simmons-Grant v. Quinn Emmanuel Urquhart and Sullivan regarding intolerable working environment and Howard v. MTA Metro which deals with termination of an employee for late filing of claims.
- MTSU Professor Pushes For More Civil Workplace. // Tennessee Tribune;9/18/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p8A
The article reports that Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) professor of management Dr. Jackie Gilbert has collaborated with group of advocates to craft a legislation and guidelines for civil workers within the government agencies in Murfreesboro, Tennessee in 2014.
- New IR laws: How do they stack up? // Queensland Nurse;Feb2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p12
A summary is presented of the Fair Works Bill 2008, a legislation related to workplace relations, prepared by the Australian House of Representatives.
- State Workplace Law Briefs. // HR Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p20
This section offers news briefs related to workplace law in U.S. states, including the ruling by the California Supreme Court regarding the arbitration agreements between employers and employees, the decision by the Missouri Supreme Court to upheld a jury verdict in favor of a white applicant...