- Finding common ground for all ages. Niemiec, Susan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p81
Offers personnel management tips for employers with age-diversified workforce. Factors that created age diversity in the workplace; Differences in generations' work ethics, values and skills; Communication-related problems.
- 10 Lenses. Williams, Mark // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
Advises executives on to organize their employees' work in relation to cultural differences. Adoption of the lifestyles, values, customs and languages of the majority; Need for racial and ethnic groups to detach from the dominant culture to survive, rebuild or maintain their traditions.
- The harsh reality of diversity programs. Flynn, Gillian // Workforce;Dec98, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p26
Reveals the pitfalls of diversity programs of corporations in the United States. Comments from industry officials; Complaints from minorities and women employees; Things that human resource (HR) personnel need to do.
- Working with a diverse workforce. Yager, Ed // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/07/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p14
Discusses the advantages of workforce diversity in personnel management of business enterprises. Relation of the author's experience of dining out in a restaurant with a diverse workforce; Presence of the principles of good leadership within a diverse workforce; Inevitable conflicts between...
- easing tensions between parent and non-parent employees. Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Nov2000, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on how to resolve differences between parents and non-parent employees. Case of parent workers; Common complaints from non-parent workers; Supervisory solutions to ease the tension between the two groups.
- Manage diversity or its benefits may be lost. Dennehy, Robert F. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p15
Offers businesses tips for managing a diverse staff. Linking all diversity efforts to practical business goals; Introducing formal diversity programs; Praising the staff for good work.
- Real-life run-ins with workplace diversity. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Highlights the views of some human resource directors at a recent Apple Valley Human Resources Association Meeting in Wenatchee, Washington, about their experiences with diversity in the workplace. Importance of recognizing and promoting diversity; Communication with people about their beliefs...
- An action plan to improve difficult communication. Mendleson, Jack L.; Mendleson, C. Dianne // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p118
Offers advice for supervisors and managers on diverse workforce management. Development of the difficult communication process; Ways to improve managers' skills in communicating with a diverse group of employees; Managers' need to consider the differences and similarities in employees' work...
- Diversity. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul95, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p326
Presents an abstract of the article `Practical Guide to Developing and Implementing Cultural Awareness Training for Faculty and Staff Development,' by Joanne L. Smikle, published in the fall 1994 issue of the `Journal of Staff, Program & Organizational Development.
- Employers fail to understand diversity value. // Personnel Today;2/4/2003, p1
Cites findings of a research conducted by England-based Cranfield School of Management on the recognition of importance of diversity by employers in Great Britain. Percentage of organizations that have defined policies or targets for minority groups; Number of human resource managers who...