HEALTH & WELL-BEING
- Job Safety and Health. // Labor Law Journal;Mar88, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p191
Presents news concerning job safety and health in the United States. Boost in construction industry enforcement and regulatory efforts; Issuance of roof support rules; Appeal for industry-wide safety standards.
- The bathtub effect: Why safety programs fail. Webb, David A. // Management Review;Feb94, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the reasons behind the failure of safety programs employed by business enterprises in the United States. Rise in public expectations on corporate concern for health and safety; Occurrence of industrial accidents; Incomplete coverage; Reassigning of resources allocated for safety...
- Fatal work injuries: Results from the 1992 national census. Toscano, Guy; Windau, Janice // Monthly Labor Review;Oct93, Vol. 116 Issue 10, p39
Examines results of the Bureau of Labor Statistics' first nationwide Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries. The census provides information on how the injury occurred and certain characteristics of the fatally injured person. Number of workers who lost their lives in 1992 because of injuries...
- CNE QUESTIONS. // Occupational Health Management;Apr2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p48
No abstract available.
- CE QUESTIONS. // Occupational Health Management;Oct2010, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p120
A quiz concerning occupation health is presented.
- Site safety: Planning for further success. Koehler, Donald E. // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb99, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p41
Discusses aspects of a safety plan for businesses. Development of policy statement; Hazard identification and controls; Safety planning; Technology use of improve worker safety; Occupational safety and health training.
- Punished for poor performance. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the challenge met by executives regarding performances in environmental health and safety in the workplace in the United States. Suspension of safety official for neglect of duty and incompetence; Impact of injury and illness performance of corporations on the annual increase of...
- Safe and secure together. Veazie, Bob // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the industrial safety and health in the U.S. Levels of health and safety performance in organizations; Benefits of a community of caring concept.
- spotlights. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p41
Features several products for industrial safety and health. Protective clothing; Safety product catalogs; Software.
- industry BRIEFS. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p50
Presents news briefs about industrial safety, health and environmental solutions as of February 2002. Employee appointments; Election of officers of the Board of Certified Safety Professionals; Workplace safety education.