APPRENTICES A disproportionate increase in new apprentices aged over 25 is leading to calls for young unemployed people to get priority
- PARLIAMENTARY DEBATES: Apprentices. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;10/28/2013, Issue 91, p3
The article focuses on questions raised by ministers during parliamentary debates at the British Department for Business, Innovation and Skills including British Politician Caroline Lucas and Matthew Hancock regarding the promotion of the provision of apprenticeship opportunities.
- MANUFACTURING NEWS: APPRENTICESHIPS. // Manufacturer;Oct2015, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p10
The article reports Great Britain's plan to provide legal protection for apprenticeships, and talks of prosecution of low-quality trainers, importance of university degree, and comment from minister Nick Boles.
- New Highways Academy to train A14 apprentices. // Basic Skills Bulletin;10/24/2016, Issue 242, p2
The article reports the opening of the Highways Academy by Great Britain's Minister of State for Transport John Hayes to train apprentices to work on bypass projects which will be run by West Anglia Training Association.
- The cost of appren?? ceships to single parent families. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;10/28/2013, Issue 91, p5
The article focuses on a discussion between British politicians including Simon Hart and Matthew Hancock regarding the cost of apprenticeship programs to single parent families. Hancock mentions that the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills is not aware of any financial implications on...
- Plans for apprenticeship levy leave industry apprehensive about implementation details. Hibbert, Lee // Professional Engineering;Sep2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the plans of the Great Britain government to drive up apprenticeship numbers in the country. Topics discussed include enlisting every big company to play its part for creating maximum apprenticeships by boosting investment in apprentices and skills training, when awarding...
- Why Johnny can't stay put. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov83, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p30
Talks about the difficulty of hiring young people. Reasons people under-30s tend to be transients.
- TRICKS OF THE TRADE. Thomas, Kim // Public Finance;Nov2015, Issue 11, p20
The article focuses on the plan of the British government to introduce more apprenticeship programs by 2020. Topics discussed include the government's aim to increase the number of apprentices in the fields of science and engineering, the study on apprenticeship published by researcher Patrick...
- Cable ups apprentice pay. // FM World;10/23/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the proposal by Vince Cable, Secretary of State for Business in Great Britain, to increase the minimum wage of estimated 31, 000 apprentices in the country.
- 5 steps to find (and keep) young stars. Harnish, Verne // Fortune.com;10/15/2013, p1
A reprint is presented of an article in the publication's July 1, 2013 print issue in which the author offers opinions on employee recruitment and retention of young adults in which recommendations are offered to companies including choosing employees who fit their corporate cultures, to provide...