- CONFERENCE WEB NEWS. // People Management;12/3/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p12
This section offers news briefs concerning employer-employee relations in Great Britain including the statement by Philips human resources director Callum Petrie that the key to future-proofing an organisation is to recruit staff which can adapt to changes.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;12/3/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p37
The article presents updates on cases concerning employer-employee relationships in Great Britain which include the case Pulham v. London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, which held that employers can justify both direct and indirect age discrimination in pay protection arrangements.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;7/29/2010, p31
The article discusses three court cases related to industrial relations in Great Britain as of July 29, 2010, including the Brown versus G4 Security, Gassmayr versus Bundesministerin fÃ¼r Wissenschaft und Forschung, and the Kraft Foods UK Ltd versus Hastie cases.
- Tribunal claims remain dramatically down for third consecutive quarter. // Employers Law;Oct2014, p5
The article reports on statistics from the British Ministry of Justice which revealed a continued decline in employment tribunal claims, with the introduction of employment tribunal fees and the early conciliation scheme being cited as factors contributing to the decline.
- Early conciliation used by hundreds every week. // Employers Law;Oct2014, p5
The article reports on figures from the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) which revealed that hundreds of people in Great Britain are using early conciliation before making a claim with the employment tribunal.
- Stress remains taboo as British workers lie to bosses. // Mental Health Nursing;Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the study commissioned by mental health charity Mind which revealed that workplace pressures have remained the huge taboo in Great Britain.
- Claim that charter could boost jobs. Churchard, Claire // People Management;1/27/2011, p8
The article focuses on the implications of government proposals to restrict access to employment tribunals for employers and employees in Great Britain.
- AUPE commands the tide to stop. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/27/94, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p12
Discusses the recent activities of the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (AUPE). The interactions with the Klein government; Proposals for salary and benefits; Health care; Education; Post-secondary education.
- UNION BATTLE BREAKS OUT. Hull, Tim // Inside Tucson Business;07/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the efforts of the Tucson Association of City Employees (TACE) and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees to unionize white collar workers in Tucson, Arizona. Petitions submitted in July 2000; City council members' support for the unionization drive;...