Bush Urges House To Raise Debt Limit
- Bush Quietly Signs Debt-Limit Increase. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p5
U.S. President George W. Bush approved a fanfare legislation that increases the public debt limit by 984 billion dollar to 7.384 trillion dollar. The bill, which was approved by the Senate on May 23, 2003 after it was passed by the House, clears the way for the Treasury Department to end its...
- Letter to Congressional Leaders on Legislation To Increase the Public Debt Limit. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/1/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 26, p1093
Presents the text of a letter given by U.S. President George W. Bush to Congressional leaders on June 25, 2002 which deals with legislation to increase the public debt limit.
- Message to the Congress Transmitting a Report on Implementation of the Debt Reduction Authority. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/15/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p367
Presents the text of message of U.S. President George W. Bush to the Congress transmitting a report on implementation of the debt reduction authority, given on March 8, 2004. Laws mentioned by the president.
- BUSH BY THE NUMBERS. // Outlook Weekly;1/8/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p04
The article presents statistics related to the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush as of January 2, 2009 including the number of U.S. war casualties, Iraqi civilian casualties and amount of national debt.
- BUSH BY THE NUMBERS. // Outlook Weekly;12/13/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p4
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the number of dead U.S. soldiers, approval rating of U.S. President George W. Bush, and the national debt of the U.S.
- Muni Interest Tax Exemption to Cost Government $35B in '09. Funk, Lynne; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p30
The article presents the fiscal year 2009 budget proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush which contains data on the cost of state and local debts. It shows that the tax exemption for the interest paid on all municipal bonds will cost $35.03 billion in 2009, including $25.9 billion for...
- Remarks Following a Tour of the Bureau of the Public Debt in Parkersburg, West Virginia. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/11/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p560
Presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush following a tour of the Bureau of the Public Debt in Parkersburg, West Virginia, on April 5, 2005. Views on the Social Security trust.
- Katrina for the Rest of Us. Harrop, Froma // Progressive Populist;11/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p6
The author reflects on the issues of financial crisis. She talks about her investments and the effect of the crashed of stock market on it. She states that the crisis is the fault of U.S. President George W. Bush and Republican lawmakers, who refused to regulate and believes that the subprime...
- BUSH BY THE NUMBERS. // Outlook Weekly;2/14/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p4
The article presents statistics dated November 2, 2004 and February 11, 2008 pertinent to the administration of U.S. President George Bush, including a tally of American and Iraqi casualties in the Iraq War, the U.S. national debt, Bush's approval rating and his remaining days in office until...