Assembly Set to Strengthen NCIFA's Role
- Beware Disease Carriers That Fly. // State Legislatures;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the West Nile encephalitis outbreak in New York in 1999. Mode of transmission of viruses; Actions taken by the New York Assembly to stop the virus transmission; Money allocated for the study of the disease and its prevention; Public response to the outbreak.
- Assembly Speaker Silver names insurance committee. // Insurance Advocate;02/08/97, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p16
Names the newly appointed members of the New York Assembly's Standing Committee on Insurance, to be chaired by Assemblyman Alexander B. Grannis. Majority and minority members of the committee.
- Johnson chairs transportation committee. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/09/98, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p17
Announces the appointment of New York State Senator Owen Johnson as chairman of New York's Senate transportation committee.
- Bill To Mandate Rate Discounts For Retrofitted Running Lights Passed By N.Y. Assembly. Gregory, Meghann; Flood, Betty // Insurance Advocate;3/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the legislation that passed in the New York Assembly which mandated insurance companies to discount insurance coverage for vehicles retrofitted with daytime running lights.
- Labor-endorsed candidates win. // NYSUT United;May2012, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p13
The article announces that Didi Barrett, Frank Skartados and Shelley Mayer won March 20 special elections and filled 103rd, 100th and 93rd districts in the State Assembly of New York City.
- N.Y. lawmakers likely to extend surcharge to '03. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;01/03/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the New York Assembly's move to pass a legislation that would retain base surcharge on bills incurred in hospitals. Inflation of employers' annual health care costs; Drop in surcharge on laboratory services; Reduction in the state's fund for graduate medical education.
- Thiele bill on environmental suits earns developers' ire. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/12/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p5A
Reports on the New York Assembly bill that aims to give its citizens and civic and environmental groups greater access to the courts to challenge developmental proposals. Response of assemblyman Fred Thiele, Republican from Sag Harbor, New York on the bill; Features of the bill.
- Millennium gets funds, faces competition. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/29/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p5A
Reports on the funds received by the Millennium Centers for Convergent Technologies from the New York Assembly. Use of the fund to provide equipments for the researchers; Project cost; Problems faced by the project.
- MACNY Applauds Extension of Power Programs. Wolken, Randall // Business Journal (Central New York);6/29/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p29
The article focuses on the passing of a bill in the New York State Assembly to extend the Economic Development Power (EDP) and Power for Jobs (PFJ). The bill calls for an extension of the current program till June 30, 2008. It is noted that this extension has come as a relief to the...