- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON NATURAL RESOURCES. Fiske, Leland E. // Tax Lawyer;Summer69, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p743
Focuses on the proposed oil, gas and mining regulations in the United States. Revision of the proposed regulations; Impact of tax reform changes on natural resources; Projects undertaken by the oil and gas subcommittees.
- National business news. // Caribbean Business;7/1/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p66
Reports on various developments in business. Upward trend for retail sales, energy industries and construction sector; Decrease in orders for durable goods; United States Commerce Department's ruling on tariff hikes for imported steel; Government's scaling back of its goals in trade...
- REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON VALUE ADDED TAX. Calkins, Hugh // Tax Lawyer;Summer74, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p593
Focuses on the study of value added tax and its application in the United States. Application of the tax and business structure; Description of the tax; Preparation on the technical aspects of the application of the tax.
- The Making of a Tax Break: The Oil Depletion Allowance, Scientific Taxation, and Natural Resources Policy in the Early Twentieth Century. Shulman, Peter A. // Journal of Policy History;Jul2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p281
The article explores taxation in U.S. natural resources policy during the early twentieth century. The author reflects on the reach of tax policy regarding oil, gas, coal, and other minerals onto privately owned lands and private business enterprises. Emphasis is given to how policymakers...
- Green âˆ£ It's More Than a Color. Simonsis, Yolanda // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Sep2010, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the need for industrial companies to shift to green practices in the U.S. It states that shifting from industrial to green business helps in the preservation of natural resources for the next generation. It mentions the publication of the magazine "Paper, Film & Foil...
- Your Tax Saving Companion. Daily, Frederick // Tax Savvy for Small Business;11/ 1/2011, p1
An introduction to the book "Tax Savvy for Small Business" is presented in which small business taxation is discussed.
- Appendix. Daily, Frederick // Tax Savvy for Small Business;11/ 1/2011, p347
A variety of lists and charts that relate to articles that appeared in the book "Tax Savvy for Small Business" are presented.
- A Note From the Editor-in-Chief. Collins, James T.; Vicente, Jessica L. // Journal of State Taxation;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Maryann Gall, Laura Kulwicki, and Allison Haedt on new rules for Colorado's out-of-state retailers, one by Mike Schadewald on sourcing regulations in California, and one by Rocky Cummings on changes in business and...
- Temporary relief worth a gander. DeMarco, Peter A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p18
Focuses on the creation of a temporary tax relief provision for reported net operating losses in the U.S. Corporate flexibility to analyze historical and projected tax positions; Benefits of carryback allowance; Impact on future tax liability.