An Amtrak Shutdown Won't Hurt Bondholders, Analyst Says
- All Aboard: Rail Issues. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p1
Reports on rail transportation issues in the United States. Crowding of highways and air traffic corridors; Plan of Amtrak Corp. to issue up to 10 billion dollars in taxable tax-credit bonds.
- GAO: Amtrak Bonds Could Cost More Than Expected. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p5
Focuses on the estimates of the taxable tax-credit bonds that will be given to Amtrak by the United States Congress. Contradiction between the estimates of the Congress and the General Accounting Office; Impact of the bonds on the federal government; Terms of the agreement on allowing Amtrak to...
- Going Whose Way? Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p1
Reports on the uncertainty related to the approval of the pending legislation to provide rail service provider Amtrak Corp. billions of dollars bond funding. Several proposals of Amtrak under consideration before the U.S. Congress; Overview of the tax-credit bond legislation; Several...
- Moody's Rating for Amtrak Stays As Is. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p4
Reports that Moody's Investors Service is not taking action on the AM ratings it has on debt issued for passenger-rail company Amtrak Corp. despite of the technical default on the bonds of the company. Reason behind the technical default; Material event notice issued by Amtrak; Non-compliance...
- Should Amtrak Issue? Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p1
Reports on the Amtrak Reform Council's review of Amtrak's plans to issue taxable tax-credit bonds in the United States. Recommendations of the council with regard to the passenger rail system's progress towards self-sufficiency; Pending legislation that would allow Amtrak to issue bonds.
- Rough Tracks Ahead for Amtrak While Rescue Efforts Continue. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;7/1/2002, Vol. 308 Issue 11, p16
No abstract available.
- Transportation: Study Outlines Problems With $12 Billion Amtrak Bond Plan(91%). Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p5
Cites findings of a study by the U.S. Congressional Budget Office on the impact of passage of legislation that will allow Amtrak Corp. to issue bonds, on the financial position of federal government. Cost to the federal government in allowing Amtrak bond program as compared to authorizing state...
- Bill Could Provide Amtrak With $19.2B Over Six Years. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p6
The article reports on a legislation introduced in the United States Senate that would authorize the Congress to provide 19.2 billion for Amtrak over six years. It will include up to 7.8 billion of taxable tax-credit bonds that would be issued by states or Amtrak for projects approved by the...
- Future of $10 Billion Amtrak Bond Deal a Little Cloudy. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p5
Reports on the uncertain future of a proposal to allow Amtrak to issue up to $10 billion in taxable tax-credit bonds for high-speed rail projects. Need for the United States Congress and the White House to agree on an omnibus spending and tax package; Strong endorsement by the Bill Clinton...