N.J. Senate Panel, Awaiting Details, Sits on Budget Bill
- N.J. Legislature Weighs Smaller Cigarette Tax Hike. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the New Jersey lawmakers were debating whether or not to reduce the per-pack increase on cigarette taxes as proposed by Governor James E. McGreevey's fiscal 2005 budget. Impact of hike of cigarette taxes on bonds; Assessment of the structure of the borrowing; Evaluation of the budget.
- New Jersey Governor's Budget Balancing Draws Agency Attention. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Focuses on the plans of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey for the fiscal budget of 2003. Impact of revenue shortfalls on the budget; Credit ratings set by Standard & Poor's Corp.
- N.J. Governor to Address $2.9B Shortfall. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p4
Reports that U.S. Democratic governor James E. McGreevey will address New Jersey's growing budget shortfall at a joint session of the U.S. legislature. Amount of budget shortfall in December 2002.
- Time for Some Bipartisanship. // Business News New Jersey;2/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Announces the plans of governor James E. McGreevey to reduce the state budget of New Jersey. Reaction of the public to the plans; Responsibilities of a governor; Influence of Democrats in the State Senate.
- The Two Budget Deficits. // Business News New Jersey;5/6/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p18
Editorial. Comments on the debate over the state budget for fiscal 2003 in New Jersey. Business tax proposals of Governor James E. McGreevey; Factors contributing to the state budget deficit; Reduction in sales tax revenues.
- N.J. Governor Eyes Tobacco For '03 Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p1
Reports the proposed budget for tobacco bonds by Governor James E. McGreevey in Trenton, New Jersey. Restructure of state authorities to help close a budget deficit; Proposal for increase in the cigarette tax; Pledge of McGreevey to support school construction program.
- Lighting a Fire Under Smokers. Taber, George M. // njbiz;5/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p12
Editorial. Comments on cigarette taxation issues in New Jersey. Amount of tax imposed in 1997; Details of the tax increase proposal of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey; Amount of cigarette taxes in 2002.
- Raters Wary Over New Jersey Governor's Spending, Debt Plans. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;2/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31829, p1
Credit rating analysts have voiced concern over the increase in spending and new borrowing plans which New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey unveiled in his $26.3 billion fiscal 2005 budget. McGreevey's proposed budget includes issuing $1.5 billion in debt backed by revenues generated from...
- Eyeball to Eyeball over Solving the Deficit. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;6/30/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p9
Looks at the issue of budget shortfall being faced by the state of New Jersey under the administration of Governor James E. McGreevey in 2003. Efforts of McGreevey in his aim to bring the budget into balance; Dispute between the Republicans and Democrats over the deficit issue; Impact of the...