Indiana Lawmakers Restructure, Increase Taxes to Take Heat Off Homeowners
- Kansas Legislature Has More to Work With. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/7/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34039, p1
The article focuses on the statement of Kansas Legislative Research Department, which highlights that lawmakers of Kansas will open their session with a slight increase in general revenues on January 15, 2013. It informs that revised estimate of 5.857 billion dollars would be 7.6 percent below...
- Illinois' $54.4 Billion Budget Leaves Out IFA'S $5B Request. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p4
This article focuses on the budget of Illinois. The budget approved by Illinois lawmakers for the next fiscal year totaled 54.4 billion dollar, reauthorized 1.1 billion dollar of general obligation and sales-tax backed borrowing, and restored a tuition perk for holders of the slate's college...
- FISCAL DISPARITIES ACROSS STATES, FY 2002. Yilmaz, Yesim; Sonya Hoo; Rueben, Kim; Nagowski, Matthew; Tannenwald, Robert // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2007, p85
The article features the research conducted by Yesim Yilmaz and colleagues on fiscal disparities of various states in the U.S. for fiscal year 2002. Studies show that Middle Atlantic and New England states have the greatest revenue capacity per capita and these have low expenditure need thus...
- Is the Sales Tax a Sound Method of Raising Federal Revenue? PRO. Mills, Ogden L. // Congressional Digest;May32, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p138
The article focuses on sales tax and methods for raising federal revenues in the U.S. The tax imposed in order of tax development in the world was the estate tax. The next order of tax development was the sales tax. This tax is spread out all over the field of industry, exempting business which...
- PRINCIPAL SOURCES OF FEDERAL TAX REVENUE. // Congressional Digest;Apr63, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p105
Traces various sources of federal tax revenue in the U.S. during the fiscal year 1962. Importance of individual income tax; Estimated revenue receipt from corporate income taxes; Contribution of federal excise taxes to the revenue growth; Levy of employment taxes.
- Surplus Ahead? DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32155, p39
The article reports that Tennessee revenue for May 2005 totaled $734 million, which was $10 million more than the budgeted estimate set in May of last year. The estimates show Tennessee could have a net general fund surplus of roughly $143 million by the end of the fiscal year on June 30. While...
- Inland Waterways Trust Fund Results of Operations, Fiscal Year 2003. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2004, p126
Charts the Inland Waterways Trust Fund results of operations for fiscal year 2003. Excise taxes; Revenue; Interest on investment.
- Inland Waterways Trust Fund Expected Condition and Results of Operations, Fiscal Years 2004-2008. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2004, p126
Presents the Inland Waterways Trust Fund results of operations for fiscal years 2004-2008. Excise taxes; Revenue; Interest on investment.
- Leaking Underground Storage Tank Trust Fund Results of Operations, Fiscal Year 2003. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2004, p127
Charts the Leaking Underground Storage Tank Trust Fund results of operations for fiscal year 2003. Excise taxes; Revenue; Interest on investment.