Debt-Backing Program Gives Boost to Florida Housing Deals
- Private-Activity Housing. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/27/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32058, p27
Reports on the allocation of private-activity bond authorization to the Virginia Housing Development Authority by Governor Mark R. Warner.
- Bonds Key For NYCHA Subsidies. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/3/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33275, p1
The article reports on the significance of the half-billion-dollar bond issuance of New York City Housing Authority's bid of ten million dollars of additional federal subsidies to finance trouble public housing in the U.S.
- 'Thrifty' Voucher Plan Gets Warm House Panel Reception. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p4
Reports on the proposal of the thrifty housing production voucher program under the Housing Affordability for America Act by the House Financial Services Committee in California. Presentation of vouchers based on property's operating costs; Usability in low-income housing tax credit;...
- Philadelphia Authority Gets Permission for HUD Grant-Backed Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p3
Reports the approval of the capital program revenue bonds of the Philadelphia Housing Authority in the U.S. Guarantee of debt service payments; Provision of additional leverage to housing projects; Development of rental housing.
- Massachusetts Launches Leveraged Housing Financing Program. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p5
Reports the inauguration of innovative leveraged financing program of acting governor Jane Swift and Department of Housing and Community Development in Massachusetts. Issuance of multifamily housing revenue bonds to pay for maintenance and modernization of public housing; Payment of bulk of the...
- Nevada Aims to Bond for Service Industry Workers' Housing. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/30/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32557, p5
The article reports that Nevada's governor Jim Gibbons wants the state Housing Division to target service industry employees for affordable housing programs funded by bonds. Nevada's private-activity bond issuance is capped at about $240 million annually and housing is one of the agencies...
- N.J. Housing Agency to Sell $110 Million for Multifamily Units. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31620, p36
The New Jersey Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) will price 110.3 million dollar in combined fixed-rate and variable-rate revenue bonds to help finance 18 multifamily housing developments, including a 12-story building in the heart of Jersey City, New Jersey. The NJHMFA will eliminate...
- Air Conditioning Goes on Fritz, Housing Bonds Downgraded. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p38
Reports the decline in the rating of revenue bonds issued for the multifamily housing project in Phoenix, Arizona. Influence of an apartment cooling system overhaul on bond rating; Impact of the incident on occupancy rate; Problems with bond debt service.
- Houston Officials Question High Cost of Public Housing Project. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;07/26/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30940, p3
Focuses on the criticism of state officials on the cost of public housing project proposed by the Housing Authority in Houston, Texas. Claims on the underestimation of the project cost; Details on the payment of bonds for the project; Explanation for the project's financing plan.