Texas to Sell $2.2 Billion For Highways
- 'Something for Everyone' in TTA's $2.2B Inaugural Offering. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31443, p23
Reports the debt sale of Turnpike Authority to finance a turnpike system in Texas. Financial assistance for the turnpike system; Improvements of credit quality; Provision of fixed rate for revenue bonds.
- Texas Turnpike Authority Closes Its $2.2 Billion Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p3
Reports the completion of a debt sale by the Texas Turnpike Authority. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Issuance of financial assistance for the deal by the federal government.
- Hefty Toll-Road Issuance Seen on Austin's Horizon. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p3
Reports on the plan of Texas Turnpike Authority to issue bonds to fund toll roads in the state. Structure of the bonds; Timetable for approving the bond issue.
- Salomon Smith Barney Wins Top Texas Turnpike Authority Job. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p4
Reports on the plan of the Texas Turnpike Authority to issue bonds for toll road projects. Hiring of Salomon Smith Barney as a senior manager; Structure of the bond issue.
- Turnpike study turns up 7 options for SW Freeway plan. Willis, Belinda // Business Press;06/13/97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the Texas Turnpike Authority has completed its origin and destination survey of the southwest area motorists, as part of its year-long study of the proposed extension of Texas 121. When the study began; Cost of the study; When construction of the freeway is expected to begin; Range...
- Private firms smooth road to financing for lone star state. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/21/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30812, p1
Focuses on an increase in the number of toll authorities in Texas bringing private partners into the road-building business. Search for ways to relieve traffic congestion; North Texas Tollway Authority's decision to allow private firms to build roads on the organization's behalf; Texas Turnpike...
- Texas DOT pushing for amendment allowing grants to toll road agency. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30563, p4
Reports on the proposal of a constitutional amendment that would help the Texas Turnpike Authority (TTA) fund more bond-financed toll roads. Plan to allow the Department of Transportation to make grants to the TTA rather than loans, in order to free up fund for proposed TTA projects; Limitation...
- Wisconsin Plan Hikes Road Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on proposals for increasing revenue borrowings for funding the construction of roads made in the Wisconsin budget for the fiscal years 2003-2005. Amount of revenue borrowings proposed for funding road construction; Additional details regarding these proposals; Details of bonds that...
- Georgia Rolls on Roads. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p1
Reports on the sale of the guaranteed revenue bonds for road projects of Georgia. Preparation to sell general obligation bonds; Concerns over declining revenues; Generation of motor fuel taxes; Assessment of taxing power and full faith and credit.