A DISTURBER OF THE PEACE
- VIGILANTES AND THE POLICE: THE CREATION OF A PROFESSIONAL POLICE BUREAUCRACY IN SAN FRANCISCO, 1847-1900. Ethington, Philip J. // Journal of Social History;Winter87, Vol. 21 Issue 2
Focuses on the relationship between the vigilantes and the police in San Francisco, California. Achievements of the San Francisco police; Convention of the chambers of the bicameral city council; Occurrence of racist violence and class-conscious radicalism.
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place. // India Today;7/12/2010, p31
The article focuses on the problems of the Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in fighting militants in Srinagar because of deteriorating law and order situation and agitational terrorism. It is reported that civilians have been killed and a number of CRPF personnel have been injured...
- The precious prisoner. Unnithan, Sandeep // India Today;6/22/2009, p58
The article reports on the arrest of Jewel Garlossa, one of the most wanted militant and the commander-in-chief of the Dima Halam Daogah (DHD) group, in Bangalore, India. The DHD militant group killed 27 people in April 2009. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) helped the Assam Police to...
- Pakistani Police Rescue Chained Students From Seminary. SHAH, IMTIAZ // News India Times;12/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p21
The article reports on the police raid of Zakariya Islamic seminary in Karachi, Pakistan wherein 54 students who were chained and kept in inhumane conditions were rescued.
- Uganda Detains Five Pakistanis Suspected of Rebel Ties. // News India Times;07/06/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p11
The article reports on the arrest of five Pakistanis who were suspected to have connections to militant groups.
- THE UGLY MOOD OF WATTS. Dunne, John Gregory // Saturday Evening Post;7/16/1966, Vol. 239 Issue 15, p83
Features the African American extremist group Watts in Los Angeles, California in 1966. Threat of the group to White Americans; Missions of the group; Tensions between Watts and the police.
- Bombs in Riyadh--again. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/23/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p3
Reports on a car bomb which exploded near a security forces' complex in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2004. Terrorist group which claimed responsibility for the attack; Number of people injured; Details of gun battles between militants and security forces in and outside Riyadh.
- Dangerous Portent. Chhabra, Arvind // India Today;6/14/2010, p21
The article reports on the arrest of Bakshish Singh alias Baba, a Khalistan Liberation Force militant, by the Punjab police.
- MURDER ON THE MOUNTAINTOP. Steif, William // Progressive;Apr84, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the shift in the case for Puerto Rican statehood attributed primarily to the summary execution by police of two independentistas on Cerro Maravilla mountain in July 1978. Unique political status of Puerto Rico among the territories of the U.S.; Independentistas movement of radical...