Tiotropium mist inhaler increases mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Tiotropium mist inhaler increases mortality risk. // Reactions Weekly;6/25/2011, Issue 1357, p4
The article discusses a study which examined the effect of inhaled mist formulation of tiotropium bromide on the increased mortality risk in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- 2011 - Review: Tiotropium mist inhaler increases mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Lipworth, Brian J. // ACP Journal Club;10/18/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses a review of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) which analyzed the role of 30-days inhaled tiotropium treatment on the rate of mortality in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The review found that tiotropium mist inhaler increases all-cause...
- Inhaler linked to raised mortality. Kenny, Craig // Pulse;6/22/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 23, p12
The article reports on a systematic review and meta-analysis which discovers that there is an increased risk of mortality of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) using tiotropium mist inhalers.
- Increased mortality with tiotropium mist inhaler. // African Journal of Respiratory Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p2
The article focuses on the study, according to which risk of death increases among patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with use of a tiotropium mist inhaler.
- Tiotropium Respimat increases the risk of mortality. Jenkins, Christine R.; Beasley, Richard // Thorax;Jan2013, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p1
The authors reflect on tiotropium, a drug used as a bronchodilator in the treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). They state that the anticholinergic medication ipratropiu, used widely before the use of tiotropium, was associated with increased risk of cardiac death following...
- 2013 - Cangrelor reduced ischemic PCI complications more than clopidogrel without increasing severe bleeding. Riezebos, Robert K.; Verheugt, Freek W. A. // ACP Journal Club;6/18/2013, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on a medical research that examines the relative efficacies of inhaled medications for mortality in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It discusses the methodology used in the study including Bayesian Markov chain Monte Carlo. It concludes that tiotropium soft mist...
- Call for worldwide withdrawal of tiotropium Respimat mist inhaler: Tiotropium Respimat mist inhaler increases the risk of death. Beasley, Richard; Singh, Sonal; Loke, Yoon K.; Enright, Paul; Furberg, Curt D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;11/24/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7884, p9
The article discusses the necessity of worldwide withdrawal of tiotropium Respimat mist inhaler. The study has concluded that the dosage of tiotropium taken with Respimat mist inhaler heightens the risk of cardiovascular death in case of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD...
- Tiotropium mist inhaler for COPD increases risk of mortality compared with placebo. Ram, Felix S. F. // Evidence Based Medicine;Dec2011, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p189
The article presents a study that associates mortality with tiotropium mist inhaler in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The study reviews randomised controlled trials and assesses all-cause mortality in COPD patients using the Spiriva Respimat Soft Mist Inhaler...
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p110
The article presents abstracts of medical research related to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. They include "Sex differences in survival of oxygen-dependent patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease," "Inhaled corticosteroids and mortality in COPD," and "Tiotropium for stable...