Ibuprofen-Related Meningitis in Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Group B Streptococcal Cellulitis and Adenitis Concurrent with Meningitis. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep1989, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p411
Examines the concurrence of facial cellulitis and adenitis with late onset group B streptococcal meningitis in an infant. Presence of group B streptococcus in the cultures of cerebrospinal fluid and blood; Use of ampicillin to treat the infant; Causes of cellulitis in infants.
- Aspects of mixed connective tissue disease: a review. Dent, T. H. S.; Johnson, V. W. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Dec1992, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p744
The article presents information on the concept of mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD). The disease includes features of systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis and progressive systemic sclerosis. 10 percent of MCTD patients show the signs of the neurological abnormalities. An aseptic...
- Connective Tissue Disease Requires Immediate Dx. Moyer, Paula // Dermatology Times;Aug99, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p48
Focuses on connective tissue diseases in children. Importance of accurate diagnosis to avoid false reports of child abuse; Schonlein-Henoch purpura as most common condition; Risk of complications stemming from delayed or inadequate diagnosis; Disease presentations; Signs and symptoms.
- Diagnosis of connective tissue diseases. // American Family Physician;6/1/94, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p1963
Focuses on the diagnosis of connective tissue diseases. Blood examination; Symptoms of connective tissue diseases; Urine dipstick test.
- Giant pendulous fibroma arising on the areola. Nakayama, Hidetoshi; Mihara, Motoyuki // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;5/1/1998, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p152
Describes a patient with giant fibroma, a connective tissue disorder arising on the areola. Proliferation of mature collagen bundles and dilated capillaries in the dermis; Spread of the genital lesions on the eyelids, neck and axillac; Clinical appearance of the tumor.
- Antiribonucleoprotein antibodies in connective tissue diseases: estimation by counterimmunoelectrophoresis. Bresnihan, Barry; Bunn, Christopher; Snaith, Michael L.; Hughes, Graham R.V. // British Medical Journal;3/5/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6061, p610
Presents the estimates of the antiribonucleoprotein antibodies in connective tissue diseases. Classification and diagnosis of the connective tissue diseases; Presence of anti-extractable nuclear antigen (ENA) in high tires; Components of ENA.
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease with Digital Gangrene. Kitchiner, D.; Edmonds, J.; Bruneau, C.; Hughes, G.R.V. // British Medical Journal;2/1/1975, Vol. 1 Issue 5952, p249
Examines the mixed connective tissue disease with digital gangrene. Pathogenesis of connective tissue disease; Clinical features of the disease; Prognosis of the disease.
- Serum Sulfhydryl Determinations and Significance in Connective Tissues Diseases. Lorber, Arthur; Pearson, Carl M.; Meredith, Wrother l.; Gantz-Mandell, Louise E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep64, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p423
Studies whether decreased serum sulfhydryl is associated with abnormal macroglubulin in patients with connective tissue disorders. Determination of sulfhydryl levels by amperometric titration; Disorders associated with altered serum levels.
- Recent Advances in Rheumatic Diseases: The Connective Tissue Diseases Other Than Rheumatoid Arthritis--1970 and 1971. Wallace, Stanley L.; Diamond, Herbert; Kaplan, David // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep72, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p455
Discusses the most significant developments of clinical and pathophysiological interest in the connective tissue diseases during 1970 and 1971. Epidemiology of the diseases; Classification of the diseases; Clinical aspects of the diseases.