Ibuprofen-Related Meningitis in Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Ibuprofen. // Reactions Weekly;3/19/2011, Issue 1343, p19
The article describes a case of aseptic meningitis in a 39-year-old woman following treatment with ibuprofen.
- Ibuprofen. // Reactions Weekly;5/22/2010, Issue 1302, p28
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old woman who experienced aseptic meningitis after receiving ibuprofen for knee pain.
- Aspects of mixed connective tissue disease: a review. Dent, T. H. S.; Johnson, V. W. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Dec1992, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p744
The article presents information on the concept of mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD). The disease includes features of systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis and progressive systemic sclerosis. 10 percent of MCTD patients show the signs of the neurological abnormalities. An aseptic...
- Group B Streptococcal Cellulitis and Adenitis Concurrent with Meningitis. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep1989, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p411
Examines the concurrence of facial cellulitis and adenitis with late onset group B streptococcal meningitis in an infant. Presence of group B streptococcus in the cultures of cerebrospinal fluid and blood; Use of ampicillin to treat the infant; Causes of cellulitis in infants.
- Septic arthritis of a lumbar facet joint due to pyonex. Ishibe, Motomi; Inoue, Masayuki; Saitou, Katsutoshi // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jan2001, Vol. 121 Issue 1/2, p90
We present a case of septic arthritis of a lumbar facet joint with an associated epidural abscess. A 13-year-old boy was hospitalized with acute severe back pain and fever after pyonex was done. The infection was precisely localized with magnetic resonance imaging, bone and gallium scintigraphy....
- Cytophagic histiocytic panniculitis in a 74-year-old man. Hounoki, Hiroyuki; Taki, Hirofumi; Tsuda, Reina; Shinoda, Koichiro; Nomoto, Kazuhiro; Tobe, Kazuyuki // Age & Ageing;May2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p409
Cytophagic histiocytic panniculitis is a chronic histiocytic disease of the subcutaneous adipose tissue characterised by lobular panniculitis with histiocytes containing blood cell fragments. It is also associated with marked systemic features such as fever, pancytopenia, hepatosplenomegaly,...
- Neutrophilic Panniculitis. Chan, May P. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Oct2014, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p1337
Context.â€”Neutrophilic panniculitis encompasses an etiologically and morphologically heterogeneous group of disorders. Correct histopathologic diagnosis is important in identifying certain systemic diseases and guiding appropriate treatment. Objective.â€”To review the clinical and...
- Connective Tissue Disease Requires Immediate Dx. Moyer, Paula // Dermatology Times;Aug99, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p48
Focuses on connective tissue diseases in children. Importance of accurate diagnosis to avoid false reports of child abuse; Schonlein-Henoch purpura as most common condition; Risk of complications stemming from delayed or inadequate diagnosis; Disease presentations; Signs and symptoms.
- VI+AL SIGNS. DAJER, TONY // Discover;Jun2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p22
A personal narrative is presented of a doctor investigating a case of a patient who had viral meningitis caused by the ibuprofen in Advil.